Thread: Steam

I have steam for cs but everytime I try to update it won't seem to connect. It says "checking for steam updates" then "cannot contact steam network, please try again later". Can anyone offer a solution?

2. Games   -   #2
    Originally posted by oakraida@25 July 2004 - 20:01
    I have steam for cs but everytime I try to update it won't seem to connect. It says "checking for steam updates" then "cannot contact steam network, please try again later". Can anyone offer a solution?
    They were doing a major update today, should be back up again now though
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Games   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    the 1st time u run steam u must wait atleast 30 min to get all updates cuz what u have installed is just a game engine rest u must getting it with the updater.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Games   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    beat me to it bawa

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Games   -   #5
    After it says that it can't contact the server, it goes off. I can't even update anything.

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by oakraida@27 July 2004 - 10:40
    After it says that it can't contact the server, it goes off. I can't even update anything.
    Cheak if ur firewall didnt block it if u do have one, other ways the problem is with the server try to see if u get any answer on thier website mybe thier officialy down.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Games   -   #7
    How do I turn off my firewall? Cuz ares can't connect neither.

8. Games   -   #8
    which firewall do u have, or ur just using the windows xp's firewall.
    or just try if in steam connection setting u can set a proxy, mybe proxy resolve's the problem, but be sure to use a working proxy,
    here is a good proxy i use: 80.16.106.83:8888

Benjamen button