Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Just Bought My Dvp642 Divx!

lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    bought mine yesterday @ walmart for $74. 1 of 2 left on the shelf

just a few things i've noticed.

plus:
    a few cd-r i burned were like borderline 702 MB and wouldn't play on my computer from the cd-rom, so i would have to copy them to my computer if i wanted to watch them. i played both of them on the player and they worked great

problem/questions:
    blazing saddles - lo mo divx 3.11 & windows media audio v2 / DivX audio (WMA) / Alex AC3 Audio == audio wont play on this. anyone know how i can switch it to just mp3 or something?

dave chappelle killin' them softly - mpeg4 & microsoft pcm format audio. == no sound for this one either. solutions? :helpsmile:

other than those 2, no real problems, xcept a few audio-sync probs. are those unfixable?

thanx.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by lee551@2 August 2004 - 00:35
    bought mine yesterday @ walmart for $74. 1 of 2 left on the shelf

just a few things i've noticed.

plus:
    a few cd-r i burned were like borderline 702 MB and wouldn't play on my computer from the cd-rom, so i would have to copy them to my computer if i wanted to watch them. i played both of them on the player and they worked great

problem/questions:
    blazing saddles - lo mo divx 3.11 & windows media audio v2 / DivX audio (WMA) / Alex AC3 Audio == audio wont play on this. anyone know how i can switch it to just mp3 or something?

dave chappelle killin' them softly - mpeg4 & microsoft pcm format audio. == no sound for this one either. solutions? :helpsmile:

other than those 2, no real problems, xcept a few audio-sync probs. are those unfixable?

thanx.
    I think the codecs for Microsoft format (WMA&WMV) have been pulled. I've just bought a new Divx player (Medion MD 40814) which has all the same great features. The box originally had WMA on it, but it has been blanked out. Similarly, if I put a WMV file on a disc, it recognises it as a video file but comes up with a codec error if I try to play it.

I read somewhere about the makers have to pay a tiny royalty for Divx, I assume the same will be true for WMA/WMV, but since it is Microsoft it would probably be cheaper to just give them your company than to work out a royalty deal.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    may i suggest vdub (virtual dub) have a look in videohelp.com... tools try decompressing the audio then recompress with a new codec...get a cdrw and burn to that in case it don't work...wish i could go into more detail but I am on the way out the door...good luck..this worked for me with my dvp642....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    thanx for the replies guys. i think i figured out how i'll do this.

i read a guide on videohelp.com that was really easy using virtualdub. rip the audio to a compressed .wav file. then use an encoder, but select the wav as the audio source. i downloaded this cool new divx only encoder called dr. divx (tmpgenc never works for me) and its been working great for me. i think i'll use that.

i'll let ya know how it works B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Went to Walmart a few minutes ago: Didn't even have it.
    Went next to Target: Was on shelf, but were sold out
    Oh well, I'll just have to keep checking.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    everything went great and now i have audio!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Poster
    did you guys burn the avi with dvd burners or regular ass cd-rw im planning on getting this when i go home next week, idd you burn it as data? I know to know if i should by a dvd-burner or not

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    muchspl2
    just as data dude, thats why this thread is so long
    @Z-95 you should have bought the floor model, the websites are all OOS and they are going for 89.00 + 30.00 shipping on ebay

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Poster
    oh hell yeah my mom is definetely buying me this shit, oh the possibilities so much more free disc space, im laughing like schoolgirl

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    muchspl2
    good luck on finding one

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast