Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Dvd Type To Burn Movies Onto?

Poster
    I'll be honest - i dont really understand the differenve between the two types, but was wondering if any one type was better for burning movies onto (and the occasional pc game)?

ive been using dvd+r for all my burnt movies, but are dvd-r's just as good? cos theyre a bit cheaper generally?

cheers for any help in advance

ps : sorry I.K.E if this belongs in software/hardware world - but its movie related.

cheers lads
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    +R is a slightly better quality wise

- R has a slightly better compatibility with players

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    well didnt know the difrence myself , but i only buy +R , once bought 100-Rs in office max like for 40 bucks , they were crap , my dvd player didnt play them , nor did my pc , they werent even good for data , it couldnt be read , like i said they were crap .

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    If you bought 100 dvdr&#39;s for &#036;40 that should have been the first clue.

COMPUSA brand dvd-r&#39;s dvd+r&#39;s are really good and so is the price.
    you can get 10 w/cases for 14.99 or 15 w/o cases for 14.99

A number of people have been using them and there hasn&#39;t been any complaints.

As far as the difference betweent the + or - format isn&#39;t really nothing.

However the + format is newer and the - format will soon be out dated.

If you have a dual format burner, buy the cheapest disk. lol

(Entity&#39;s reply is correct.)

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by seiya_33@25 July 2004 - 16:51
    well didnt know the difrence myself , but i only buy +R , once bought 100-Rs in office max like for 40 bucks , they were crap , my dvd player didnt play them , nor did my pc , they werent even good for data , it couldnt be read , like i said they were crap .
    There are different grades of dvdr&#39;s for each, and not all of them work well with all drives.
    Robert00000

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    are there any 7.5 gb dvds

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by mEtho@25 July 2004 - 23:28
    are there any 7.5 gb dvds
    There are 8.x GB ones. But they are still very expensive (&#036;15 or more) and require a special dual-layer dvd-burner.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    cheers lads - much appreciated. ended up getting 100 dvd+r for £32 from a guy on ebay. seemed bloody good to me.

cheers for the info though - i never did really understand the difference till now

take it easy fella&#39;s
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by NTWEAK@25 July 2004 - 08:12
    If you bought 100 dvdr&#39;s for &#036;40 that should have been the first clue.

COMPUSA brand dvd-r&#39;s dvd+r&#39;s are really good and so is the price.
    you can get 10 w/cases for 14.99 or 15 w/o cases for 14.99

A number of people have been using them and there hasn&#39;t been any complaints.

As far as the difference betweent the + or - format isn&#39;t really nothing.

However the + format is newer and the - format will soon be out dated.

If you have a dual format burner, buy the cheapest disk. lol

(Entity&#39;s reply is correct.)
    I get my dvd-r&#39;s for &#036;28 now. They were &#036;35 but the price dropped. I dont have any problems with them. Sometimes if I burn it too fast my ps2 will read it alittle laggy but still playable. My dvd player reads them perfect.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Originally posted by newcombe6@25 July 2004 - 23:33
    cheers lads - much appreciated. ended up getting 100 dvd+r for £32 from a guy on ebay. seemed bloody good to me.

cheers for the info though - i never did really understand the difference till now

take it easy fella&#39;s
    You&#39;ll have to let us know how good they work
    Thinling of upgrading myself,seen a good review of a dvd burner For £66,its a teac dv-w58ga,has anyone had any experience with one?
    Sorry IKE if Im off topic but I would use it for burning movies,tv series ect
    Prices are dropping like crazy on DVD burners lately,which is great news for all of us tight gits

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast