Thread: Encoding

Poster
    when i go to this one web site it is in japanese, i know if i right click then go to encoding, it gives me a bunch of differant langauages to change the site into, but english is not there.

what do i have to download to properly veiw this site.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    encoding does not translate one language to another. the encoding function u see on ur browser is a way for the browser to try to recognise the symbols that is used by a particular language (cyrilic, alphabets, cuneiform blah blah blah).

that way, it can display that symbol correctly as wat it is meant to be, otherwise all u see are '?'s all over the website.

to translate japanese language, u have to go to websites like Babelfish and enter the URL.

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    that doesnt help me at all

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by dbz@26 July 2004 - 10:59
    that doesnt help me at all
    Then what do you want to know?

If you want to translate the site then use babelfish - like gildan said - if you do not want to translate the site then please rephrase your query so it's understandable
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by dbz@26 July 2004 - 10:59
    when i go to this one web site it is in japanese, i know if i right click then go to encoding, it gives me a bunch of differant langauages to change the site into, but english is not there.

what do i have to download to properly veiw this site.
    do u see english on other sites????or its missing only in this japanese site???