Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Photoshop Questions...

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    1) When I use this guide and get to step 2 my clouds turn out like this. What did I do wrong?

2) Whenever I use the cloud function I lose 3 gigs of harddrive space and then get it back when i exit photoshop. What is it doing?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I just tried it and worked fine
    except he says "Now make a new layer cntrl + shift + n or.."
    ctrlshift N makes a new document
    you need to have a transparent layer ontop of the background layer - try layer>new>layer.

the 3gig thing is way too much unless you have a 3gig image open
    photoshop makes a temp file which the same size as teh file you have open

hope it helps
    if not ask those guys you linked from

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@26 July 2004 - 21:27
    I just tried it and worked fine
    except he says "Now make a new layer cntrl + shift + n or.."
    ctrlshift N makes a new document
    you need to have a transparent layer ontop of the background layer - try layer>new>layer.

the 3gig thing is way too much unless you have a 3gig image open
    photoshop makes a temp file which the same size as teh file you have open

hope it helps
    if not ask those guys you linked from
    By transparent layer do you mean a layer with no color cause I did 1 layer and another ontop with no color and it still turned out the same.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    yes the one with no color is the transparent layer

you do have the resolution set to atleast 72 or more?

or else i have absolutly no clue

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@26 July 2004 - 22:02
    yes the one with no color is the transparent layer

you do have the resolution set to atleast 72 or more?

or else i have absolutly no clue
    Yes, I used one blank layer and another blank layer on top then I added the clouds and the same thing appeared.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    I just noticed he is using a different version of Photoshop. Could that be the problem? Should I do something differently in my version? I have Photoshop CS 8.0.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    im using 7.0.....

by the way that cloud effect is pretty banal, im sure you can find another way to make
    a similar blotchy, blurred effect

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by HardcoreGamer@26 July 2004 - 21:52
    my clouds turn out like this. What did I do wrong?
    your screenie is "Untitled-2 @ 3%", meaning it's zoomed out to fit on the screen and you're only seeing it at 3% of it's finished size

so when you created the new document in stage 1 of the tut, i think you must have entered the wrong amount for size or the wrong value. perhaps the drop-down was set at cm's (or even inches for 3gigs) instead of pixels, making the image and the filesize huge and explaining where the space went

so just check that the sizes you enter are in pixels and it should work fine

then when you have an image open, the status bar at the bottom shows (roughly) the image filesize and the temp size photoshop is using for it (in the first pic of the tut it's where you see "Doc 1.3M/0K" - just above the windows start button) - the temp size will increase as you add new layers, effects etc. for this pic in the tut it should be less than 200k for each of them at stage 2

ctrl+shift+n is definitely the default shortcut for a new layer with both CS and 7 - ctrl+alt+n for a new document, and all this will work just the same in CS as in 7

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Originally posted by pol+27 July 2004 - 13:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 27 July 2004 - 13:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HardcoreGamer@26 July 2004 - 21:52
    my clouds turn out like this. What did I do wrong?
    your screenie is "Untitled-2 @ 3%", meaning it&#39;s zoomed out to fit on the screen and you&#39;re only seeing it at 3% of it&#39;s finished size

so when you created the new document in stage 1 of the tut, i think you must have entered the wrong amount for size or the wrong value. perhaps the drop-down was set at cm&#39;s (or even inches for 3gigs) instead of pixels, making the image and the filesize huge and explaining where the space went

so just check that the sizes you enter are in pixels and it should work fine

then when you have an image open, the status bar at the bottom shows (roughly) the image filesize and the temp size photoshop is using for it (in the first pic of the tut it&#39;s where you see "Doc 1.3M/0K" - just above the windows start button) - the temp size will increase as you add new layers, effects etc. for this pic in the tut it should be less than 200k for each of them at stage 2

ctrl+shift+n is definitely the default shortcut for a new layer with both CS and 7 - ctrl+alt+n for a new document, and all this will work just the same in CS as in 7 [/b][/quote]
    THATS IT&#33;&#33;&#33; thanx&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I fixed my problem&#33;&#33; Now I have the right size and It is now much faster making clouds. I asked the guy who made the tutorial but he dident even know. THANX&#33;&#33;

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Oooooooooohhhhhhh mannnnnnn the simplicity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast