Thread: For Downloading Single Mp3s

Okay ... I'm starting to realize that Kazaa Lite isn't cutting it anymore (with the user count always dropping and the surplus of fake files). I've read other posts here and it seems like the main alternatives are emule, WinMX, and Ares.

Yet, I haven't had success with any of these:
    With emule, it takes FOREVER for anything to download, if at all it seems.
    With WinMX, there's a very small amount of users with the songs I want.
    With Ares, nothing seemed to download.

I'm just looking to download single mp3 songs. No movies, no software, no albums ... is there a p2p program out there that is good at downloading songs? And why am I having such difficulty with these other p2p programs?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    What kind of music are you searching?
    Funny?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Gilojeleia@4 August 2004 - 06:41
    What kind of music are you searching?
    All sorts of music -- but mainly modern rock since the 1980s, new releases, and classical music.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    I use K++ and no problems with it.Anyway the music forum would help you...
    Funny?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by yej@4 August 2004 - 06:12
    Yet, I haven't had success with any of these:
    With emule, it takes FOREVER for anything to download, if at all it seems.
    With WinMX, there's a very small amount of users with the songs I want.
    With Ares, nothing seemed to download.
    Yej, give Ares another try for sure.
    The reason why your downloads may not have started right away is because similar to eMule they get cached, but one thing is for sure they will download 'sooner' than ,later, and normally you will get it much faster than the eMule cache system. Give it another try and download a bunch whatever files just to get the hang of it.
    ..you see each program has its strengths and weaknesses. Kazaa has lots of things but it's agreed with the fake files now it's becoming a pain in the a*s

..emule by all rights is Exceptional in that it has so much many more files than anything else in its class and it has an incredible selections and stores of files that you can get there that the others don't have - the only thing with eMule is that as you said, yes it can forever to get what you want and the bigger the file the longer you will have to wait because of the way the cache and share system works which has to go around to it few million users ..and that's the slowdown now.

..now with ares being new, there aren't quite as many files available like on emule yet, and so far it seems it caters to music (which is what you want right) ..but one thing is for Sure is that usually you can get the Ares cached music files so much faster than eMule's cache system.. (pay attention to the status and cache number on the side of it, and if you have a cache number just hang in there because at this point in time you will get your turn which comes around to you 50x faster than eMule is able to give it to you in its cache revolvement time..

...give Ares another try yej, you will find as I did that ares is a keeper for its unique niche - and I love the pure simplicity of it. Again, each client has it great strengths and weaknesses - and so to get the best out of all worlds - is to use a combination of clients and you will win win (i used 5 clients and between them there's not any file that can't be achieved)

zeph