Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Temp Avatar Fix Idea

TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    i doubt i will be changing mine for a long time

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Maybe this board is just turning ghetto. Reminds me of an old run down tenament. Everybody hangs out there but nobody fixes shit!

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Why is it we have to have Avatar`s uploaded at this server? Wouldn’t save this forum more bandwidth/server cost if everybody hosted their pictures elsewhere? Maybe have a pin on some web/pictures hosting places where people can store there pictures?

imageshack for example is a good place.

Lycos Tripod (uk) is also good..

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by ilw@27 July 2004 - 18:03
    Rookie has said that he requested a permissions check, I assume that means that he thinks the problem is that the permissions on the avatar files are not set to allow us write access. If this is the case changing the permissions should be the matter of 2 seconds work, so it sounds like the hold up isn't with rookie but with the server admin? A few days won't kill you.
    btw i want to change my avatar too. This ones lame and jerks a lot in places.
    The problem is that "Safe Mode" is enabled on the server.I had the same problem with my host.

When "Save Mode" is enabled you can't upload/edit anything (files) externaly.That means you can't upload files (in this case pictures) via this board.

The server administrator has to disable "Safe" Mode" and the problem would be gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12