Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wireless Internet

Its prob the usb problem then.

How much did you pay for your Ti? Just curious cause I got the same one and wanted to compare prices.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #22
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Lag can be accumalated by a number of things. I'm not a gamer but from what I understand you can't really be downloading or have anybody downloading with p2p apps on your network while you play because it can cause you to have a high ping. I would imagine no server likes a client with an unusually high ping.

Also if your getting into altercations and what not on multiplayer games you could very well be getting DoSed from either the server op or other players that may be able to see your ip. Especially if your using games that use the Unreal Engine (not unreal tourn but an engine that a lot of games use) there are flaws in that can cause another client to slow you down while you play.

The main thing is to keep your ping low.

as for the usb prob, I find that usb devices etc. especially on windows works just as good as ethernet for internet.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #23
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Lag can be accumalated by a number of things. I'm not a gamer but from what I understand you can't really be downloading or have anybody downloading with p2p apps on your network while you play because it can cause you to have a high ping. I would imagine no server likes a client with an unusually high ping.
    agreed, there should not be any download or upload on when u want to play.
    and having people with high ping on server can cause other to lag too, ur speed is more then enough for online play, and also try to join a fast server.. server speeds is too importent just like downloading from a site depends on how much bandwitdh they offer.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123