Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wtf Look At These Upload Speeds

it could have been some nerd at a college dorm with a T1 connection, late at night

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user+27 July 2004 - 01:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bawa@Klite_user @ 27 July 2004 - 01:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ZLOsiris@27 July 2004 - 14:09
    lmao yea ... i killed my uploads to see what kind of max i could get from him
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/zlo...s/morespeed.jpg
    Wtf
    u stoped upload to increase ur download, what does that mean, download and upload r 2 diffrent bandwitdh, uploading never efficts download speed. when people r going to understand that [/b][/quote]
    Your upload does effect your download speed. We&#39;ll take my connection for example.

I can download about 450 kB/s and upload around 35. If I am uploading at 18 kB/s I can only get up to 225 (or so) kB/s down. Ill geet an example if I can find a fast torrent.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by danb@27 July 2004 - 11:32
    Btw Bawa if you max your upload your download rate will suffer
    Its bes to have your upload set at 90% its full to ensure it dont fuck with your download.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Forgot to say this in my last post but... how do you know that that is the same person?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    True, isnt Default@Kazaa like the defaul so it could be two different people.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Why the hell does it say at the bottom of your screenshot "Not Sharing any files"??&#33;&#33;
    It&#39;s not as if you don&#39;t have enough bandwidth, because you do have LOADS&#33;&#33;

Don&#39;t you dare to ever download any files off me, you will live to regret it, you stupid leech&#33;&#33;&#33; Don&#39;t even think about it&#33;&#33;&#33; You are destroying our network&#33;&#33;

Edit: I&#39;ve had a look at your post history, and it seems that you have shared files in the past, and I am grateful for that. However, I trust that you will start sharing files again. I don&#39;t want to sound offensive any more.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    U tell him &#33; Sparkle

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Sparkle ... the file-Nazi

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@28 July 2004 - 09:24
    Why the hell does it say at the bottom of your screenshot "Not Sharing any files"??&#33;&#33;
    It&#39;s not as if you don&#39;t have enough bandwidth, because you do have LOADS&#33;&#33;

Don&#39;t you dare to ever download any files off me, you will live to regret it, you stupid leech&#33;&#33;&#33; Don&#39;t even think about it&#33;&#33;&#33; You are destroying our network&#33;&#33;

Edit: I&#39;ve had a look at your post history, and it seems that you have shared files in the past, and I am grateful for that. However, I trust that you will start sharing files again. I don&#39;t want to sound offensive any more.
    How do you know he doesnt turn sharing off to get good speeds then turn it back on to let other get the file off him? Uploading uses more of your connection then downloading.

This is what I do with BT. Download the file as fast as possible, if it doesnt use my whole internet connection I up the upload speed. Then when it finishes I do what what I was going to do with it (i.e. dvd movies - burn it) then seed til atleast 1.05.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy+29 July 2004 - 03:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SingaBoiy @ 29 July 2004 - 03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@28 July 2004 - 09:24
    Why the hell does it say at the bottom of your screenshot "Not Sharing any files"??&#33;&#33;&nbsp; &nbsp;

Don&#39;t you dare to ever download any files off me, you will live to regret it, you stupid leech&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; Don&#39;t even think about it&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; You are destroying our network&#33;&#33;

Edit:&nbsp; I&#39;ve had a look at your post history, and it seems that you have shared files in the past, and I am grateful for that.&nbsp; However, I trust that you will start sharing files again.&nbsp; I don&#39;t want to sound offensive any more.
    How do you know he doesnt turn sharing off to get good speeds then turn it back on to let other get the file off him? Uploading uses more of your connection then downloading.

This is what I do with BT. Download the file as fast as possible, if it doesnt use my whole internet connection I up the upload speed. Then when it finishes I do what what I was going to do with it (i.e. dvd movies - burn it) then seed til atleast 1.05. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t have anywhere near as much bandwidth as him, yet I still keep the sharing on all of the time, sharing about 700 files. If you think it is taking up too much of your internet connection, then surely you can just go to your options box and limit the upload speed (to 80%) so that it doesn&#39;t cripple your connection.

I see no reason to keep turning off and then turning on the sharing. As long as you keep the upload speed set to 80% of your maximum, it shouldn&#39;t cripple the connection, and it shouldn&#39;t affect the download speeds.

The reason why I got angry with the original poster is because it irritated me that he had so much bandwidth yet he wasn&#39;t sharing at the moment, when he clearly had the ability to do so.

Do you see what I mean now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast