Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dc++ Problem..

I hate the ones that ban me because in don't have any empty slots.. Now my ip is banned from several hubs and they clain I don't share..
    They sure got the nerves..

Anyone know a way I can change my IP ?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    If you have a static ip (bad idea anyway) contact your isp and ask them to change it.

My ip changes at least once a day, or if a reboot the cable modem.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    If they ask why I want to change, what should I say? I couldn't possibly tell the truth..

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    I'm not really sure you could go for,

I found a trojan and want to be really sure that no-one can access my PC, they might have my IP now.

I had a virus and want to change for safety sake, Im just really cautious.

A friend who knows about computers told me it's good to change once a month or so, in case anyone has my address.

Something along the lines of internet security / people accessing your computer is best. It should be easy for them to do and there's no reason for them not to.

Don't give a reason when you ask, just ask them to do it. Give them a reason if they ask for it. The top one is probably best. It is a real threat and does happen to people. It is one of the ways Denial of Service attacks work. By using loads of remote computers. The person who controls your computer needs to know your IP address to activate it, as I understand it.

Bottom line is you are paying them to provide a service. If you want to change that service it's up to you.

Let us know how you get on

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by PersianBulldog@22 March 2003 - 13:30
    If they ask why I want to change, what should I say? I couldn't possibly tell the truth.. 
    Jmif's right, they will change your IP address if you ask.

This is something I've done a couple of times, each time they've ask me why I want it changed and I always say that I'm getting a lot of warnings from my firewall about attempted intrusions from one IP address, this has left me worried that someone is trying to hack into my system. They then tell me that my IP address will be changed the next time I connect.

Edit: Typo

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Omg.. I called them and asked them to change it.. They asked me if I've been using filesharing software.. I told them I didn't.. They told me they have seen me doing it... I shit my pants.. I hung up..
    Now, I gotta get a plane ticket to Mexico, lay low for a couple of years and then come back for my harddrive..

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Perhaps now you know what I meant in my other post, when I said: "Do you like all those stupid and unfair rules made by hub operators and supervisors?".

Stick with K-Lite and you won't need to move to Mexico.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Isn't it possible that they saw when I used K-lite?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by PersianBulldog@22 March 2003 - 14:53
    Omg.. I called them and asked them to change it.. They asked me if I've been using filesharing software.. I told them I didn't.. They told me they have seen me doing it... I shit my pants.. I hung up..
    Now, I gotta get a plane ticket to Mexico, lay low for a couple of years and then come back for my harddrive..
    well if you have 100s of megabytes of traffic each day its kinda obvious what you are doing
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Bleh... i'm pretty sure your ISP can see what IPs you contact or something, so they could easily find out if you're using P2P. Your best bet against this is a proxy, but i've seldom seen a proxy that can give you the speed your connection does (i'm assuming it's broadband)... but anyway, what's the big deal about P2P ? You can tell your ISP the truth and if they don't like it tell them you want to switch to a different provider. Anyway, your ISP is the organization that is the LEAST interested in suing you for using P2P, therefore, they won't sue you for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast