Thread: Ares Questions

I decided to try Ares the other day and I'm impressed with it so far (although it is the biggest Kazaa Lite copycat I've ever seen) . Anyway, I have some questions that I couldn't find answers to:

1) I've noticed that there are some filetypes that Ares won't recognize and share. Is there a way to set Ares to share ALL files within a folder (regardless of filetype)?

2) I know what "Allow browse of my library" does, but what does the setting right next to it "Allow regular folder browse" do exactly? What's the difference between the two?

3) If you block a user, how do you unblock them later if you want to? Where is the information on blocked users stored?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for any help

2. File Sharing   -   #2

I just decided to try this out alittle while ago and like it so far. Sorry I dont have any useful info on your problems though.

EDIT: Dont mean to hi-jack your thread, but my problem is that I can only d/l one file at a time. I have it in settings to allow infinite downloads.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by Remember To Share@26 July 2004 - 09:53
    1) I've noticed that there are some filetypes that Ares won't recognize and share. Is there a way to set Ares to share ALL files within a folder (regardless of filetype)?
    ares only shares the programmers APPROVED filetypes, i got him to add game roms extentions and a few others, but there are still some he wont add
    about the only thing you can do for the unshared filetypes is zip them up and share the zip file

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    3) If you block a user, how do you unblock them later if you want to? Where is the information on blocked users stored?
    These are only blocked while you are in that session the next time you go on they have access again, I haven't seen alist anywhere.

Dont mean to hi-jack your thread, but my problem is that I can only d/l one file at a time. I have it in settings to allow infinite downloads.
    Abit weird that I down 10/12 at a time (music) hmm... sorry can't help there except maybe you can't get a slot to that person OR they have that many downing they block you for the time being.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Remember to Share

Great questions, but all too advanced for me sorry.

I love Ares have been using it for 4 weeks and yes it is a copy of Kazaa Lite but at least it is one that works ! (no fake files) and it does have a few nice little extras I have found.

Eg it tells you how many in the queue above you.

You can preview partial jpgs

It shows you how many people are sharing a file (when it is down loading)

Regards

Digby
    What color is your Adkaf ?