Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiding Files That I Am Downloading

i usually download pron/adult stuff from kazaa but now eveyone @ my home uses kazaa so how can i hide these pron movies while its downloading????

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    you can't

hmm...asspie

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Lock it all in your room so no one else can use it

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by vegeta@27 July 2004 - 04:29
    i usually download pron/adult stuff from kazaa but now eveyone @ my home uses kazaa so how can i hide these pron movies while its downloading????
    Operative phrase here is...."while it's downloading" (as opposed to after the downloads are complete).
    If "after" your downloads are completed, and no one else in the house has seen them, you could simply move them to a new folder that only you know where it is located and what it's named (I suggest you DO NOT name it "My Pron Folder").
    You could even make the folder Private so only you have access to it.

So, is everyone in the house downloading to the same My Shared Folder?
    Can they see your downloads in-progress?
    (If so, disregard this entire reply).

If not, before you start your downloads, go to Options>Sharing tab and (temporarily while you are downloading)
    change the My Shared Folder directory location to another folder you create with a name only you know what it is.
    Then before your turn is up, change it back to the original (My Shared Folder) directory location for everyone else to download to.
    Of course, you would have to make this a routine procedure anytime you want to download.

Your downloads will then be in a location where only you can access them.
    You can add this folder to allow it to be shared if you so opt where it says "Add Other Folders" under the check box for "Share files in My Shared Folder"....but, that might let the cat out of the bag.

mrlessk

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    have some family time with ur family and enjoy the moveis with them im sure they'll like it

My Blog
    I'm still here.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@28 July 2004 - 01:20
    have some family time with ur family and enjoy the moveis with them im sure they'll like it

if u cant help then plz dont spam

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by vegeta+28 July 2004 - 01:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegeta @ 28 July 2004 - 01:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jaigandhi5@28 July 2004 - 01:20
    have some family time with ur family and enjoy the moveis with them&nbsp; im sure they&#39;ll like it&nbsp;

if u cant help then plz dont spam [/b][/quote]
    Nope that would be a flame.

Anyways do what mrlessk said. Put it in a folder that isnt a common one that others will get into, but you know where it is. Also you can hide them. Right click > Properties > Tick Hidden. Every time you want to view them, click tools > folder options > the view tab > When you want to view them tick Show hidden, when you dont want people to see them, becuase you are awy, click do not show hidden.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    What about dragging the upload section all the way up?
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Agent Smith+28 July 2004 - 10:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 28 July 2004 - 10:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by vegeta@28 July 2004 - 01:03
    <!--QuoteBegin-jaigandhi5
    @28 July 2004 - 01:20
    have some family time with ur family and enjoy the moveis with them im sure they&#39;ll like it

if u cant help then plz dont spam
    Nope that would be a flame.

Anyways do what mrlessk said. Put it in a folder that isnt a common one that others will get into, but you know where it is. Also you can hide them. Right click > Properties > Tick Hidden. Every time you want to view them, click tools > folder options > the view tab > When you want to view them tick Show hidden, when you dont want people to see them, becuase you are awy, click do not show hidden. [/b][/quote]
    this is something to hide files in windows(even kids know abt this&#33 and i want is the file hidden in kazaa while downloading&#33;

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@28 July 2004 - 10:14
    What about dragging the upload section all the way up?
    the people in my family r quiet intellegent to drag it all the way down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast