Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Need Advise

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Placebo are a good band

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Well maybe the outer lining is different but that's about it. I see know way whatsoever how that can work any more efficiently than a rather longer basic phone cord.

The reason being is that I would bet it uses the same rj connecter that a phone cord does so besides being thicker the concept is rather pointless. cha ching!

But hey, I'm very pleased with using my plain ol phone cord and I'm sure your even happier with your phone cord.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by shn@28 July 2004 - 01:59
    Well maybe the outer lining is different but that's about it. I see know way whatsoever how that can work any more efficiently than a rather longer basic phone cord.

The reason being is that I would bet it uses the same rj connecter that a phone cord does so besides being thicker the concept is rather pointless. cha ching!

But hey, I'm very pleased with using my plain ol phone cord and I'm sure your even happier with your phone cord.
    You've such a nice demeanor

Here is a quote from someone who clearly knows more about this than both of us, source

What's so "special" about the wire? Can I instead, use any phone cable to do this ?
    Most of the generic phone cords are flat. Flat cords provide no protection from interference. The idea with twisted pair is that any outside interference that hits the wire also hits it "inverted", canceling itself out. In addition to that the DSLX cord may also be shielded. Shielding prevents interference from hitting the pair in the first place. Shielding is most effective if it's connected to an electrical ground.

-- Rob
    --
    \\ROB - a part of the SCB local network
    I guess that's what I paid extra for. Note he calls it DSLX cord - I missed the 'X' out, ah well. it was a year ago
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by danb@28 July 2004 - 01:58
    Placebo are a good band
    If you can't sleep they are
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by manker+27 July 2004 - 19:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 27 July 2004 - 19:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@28 July 2004 - 01:59
    Well maybe the outer lining is different but that&#39;s about it.&nbsp; I see know way whatsoever how that can work any more efficiently than a rather longer basic phone cord.

The reason being is that I would bet it uses the same rj connecter that a phone cord does so besides being thicker the concept is rather pointless.&nbsp; cha ching&#33;

But hey, I&#39;m very pleased with using my plain ol phone cord and I&#39;m sure your even happier with your phone cord.
    You&#39;ve such a nice demeanor

Here is a quote from someone who clearly knows more about this than both of us, source

&nbsp; &nbsp;
    What&#39;s so "special" about the wire? Can I instead, use any phone cable to do this ?
    Most of the generic phone cords are flat. Flat cords provide no protection from interference. The idea with twisted pair is that any outside interference that hits the wire also hits it "inverted", canceling itself out. In addition to that the DSLX cord may also be shielded. Shielding prevents interference from hitting the pair in the first place. Shielding is most effective if it&#39;s connected to an electrical ground.

-- Rob
    --
    &#092;&#092;ROB - a part of the SCB local network
    I guess that&#39;s what I paid extra for. Note he calls it DSLX cord - I missed the &#39;X&#39; out, ah well. it was a year ago [/b][/quote]
    Well I&#39;ve got sbc and I&#39;ll be sure to tell them first thing in the morning to send me one of thoose fancy smancy dslX cords.

j/k

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    Poster
    thanks everyone. i hope to get the kit sometime today and hope everything goes OK.
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12