Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Canada, for example.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Originally posted by Supernatural@28 July 2004 - 12:59
    Canada, for example.
    Ya. The CRTC is crazy here.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by Dustin Timberleg@28 July 2004 - 08:52
    I once sent a picture of my butt to a woman, would that be piracy or filesharing?
    depends if you're Leslie Grantham
    <span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by Dustin Timberleg@28 July 2004 - 09:52
    I once sent a picture of my butt to a woman, would that be piracy or filesharing?
    That depends on the state of your butt&#33;

Personally, I&#39;d call it hedonism&#33;
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    alvin grung
    You&#39;re painting with too broad a brush: the Canadian Broadcasting Standards self-regulation is far more effective than what&#39;s going on in the U.S. right now - witness the Howard Stern debacle and other efforts of the political right moving through legislative channels to censor broadcasters. The CRTC has historically shown tremendous restraint and allowed the self-regulating body to negotiate conformity to the standards. The CHOI case in Montreal is quite exceptional and we&#39;ll have to wait and see what comes out of that. The intransigence of the station led to the lifting of the licence (that&#39;s not to say the CRTC wasn&#39;t too heavy-handed in its ultimate response).

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I&#39;ve been sharing pirates for ages.

Glad it&#39;s finally gotten some attention.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by alvin grung@30 July 2004 - 09:36
    You&#39;re painting with too broad a brush: the Canadian Broadcasting Standards self-regulation is far more effective than what&#39;s going on in the U.S. right now - witness the Howard Stern debacle and other efforts of the political right moving through legislative channels to censor broadcasters. The CRTC has historically shown tremendous restraint and allowed the self-regulating body to negotiate conformity to the standards. The CHOI case in Montreal is quite exceptional and we&#39;ll have to wait and see what comes out of that. The intransigence of the station led to the lifting of the licence (that&#39;s not to say the CRTC wasn&#39;t too heavy-handed in its ultimate response).
    Well I was not really being serious anyways...

First of all the CHOI case is in Quebec City and a decision has been already been made. Their license will not be renewed and will have to go of the air.

In my option the CRTC is to “heavy-handed” in its ultimate decision.

When the radio station first aired in 1998 it was the least listened radio station in the market. It is now the top radio station there.

IMHO I believe the station should stay on the air, not because his show is race, but because he has dared to express ideas no one else would have said.

- He critics that the Quebec public school system does not teach young francophone in English early enough and well enough to make them mobile in North America.

- And also advise young Quebecers to make there fortunes elsewhere. He gives Ralph Klein’s Alberta and Mike Harris’s Ontario as models we should try to emulate in Quebec.

- He has the courage to criticize the poor quality of many Québécois artists and entertainer. Not only the marginal but also mainstream people from major TV and radio networks.

CHOI has made a significant contribution to that region bringing ideas and diversity to a medium that is narrow-minded and conformist. Exactly the goal the CRTC is suppose to protect. This is why it is so ironic to hear the CRTC lecture CHOI for violating “Canadian values”

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Poster
    really, who gives a shit what we call it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123