Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dvd-rom Read Speed

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    not really. but i did notice that when i wiped the 1st disc a bit, my speeds became a bit more consistent. when it was dirtier, the speeds would hang at 0x all the time.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    i'm throwing this piece of generic shit into the scrap pile, and i'm getting a new dvd rom drive.

i need some suggestions
    i'm lookin for something that rips full speed, if not full speed, then at least higher than 10x without flashing. reads all formats (+and-) and ram.

any suggestions?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    i have a Pioneer DVD burner and a LiteOn DVD-Rom, both of them rip at speeds between 5X and 12X normally, both have good compatibility with burned discs. the Pioneer required a hacked firmware and the LiteOn did not.

if you buy one of the most popular brands (Sony, Pioneer, LiteOn, Toshiba, Hitachi, Samsung, Plextor, etc) you can almost be certain that if it has a speed limit then someone has done a firmware hack for it (or is working on one). just steer way clear of generics and super low-end brands that hax0rz don't bother to make fixes for 'cause there's so little demand.

keeping things simple, i'm pretty sure that most LiteOn models do not include any artificial speed limits on movie ripping, so take a look at those if you don't wanna hafta do any flashing.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    i'm considering getting the lite on from newegg. thanks y'all!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123