Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Internet

Poster
    okay i have this thing and its called "D-Link Aire Wireless Network" "PCI Adapter" okay and i am getting 11.0Mbps is there anyway i can make the Mpbs faster?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    is that what ur gettin or network status shows u that, i assume ur miss understanding cuz what u see in network status is whole "local area network" speed rate not only urs, mines shows 100mb/s but i only get 512kB(upto 70kb/s) .

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    I'd love to have a 11 mb/s connection.

Mines only 3.5 though

But as bawa said, that is the local area connection. That would be the fastest you could transfer from pc to pc in you network. Not online.

But if you want it faster you can get an 802.11g wireless router and some 802.11g wireless cards. It'll cost you but it is around 54 mb/s

EDIT: fixed spelling
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@27 July 2004 - 15:12
    I'd love to have a 11 mb/s connection.

Mines only 3.5 though

But as bawa said, that is the local area connect. That would be the fastest you could transfer from pc to pc in you network. Not online.

But if you want it faster you can get an 802.11g wireless router and some 802.11g wireless cards. It'll cost you but it is around 54 mb/s
    with that connection u need 100000000000000000000000GB of hardDisk cuz these 160Gb harddisk will full out in days, even with my 512kb adsl am out of Space

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    I would the router route. ()

Wireless simply isn't a very good technology yet.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Originally posted by sampson@27 July 2004 - 02:40
    I would the router route. ()

Wireless simply isn't a very good technology yet.
    Huh?

I would love to get my network wireless. Stupid cables going everywhere
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    No way. Don't do it. I had wireless at two different residences and had the same problem both times: I would always be picking up signals from other homes. In the last house I had wireless, I had an average of 4 signals usually. Of course, you can tell you computer to use only yours except it only finds my signal maybe half the time. It's completely unreliable! The connection goes from available to unavailable constantly. I finally got so fed up, I decided to get a router and ran the cable through the walls to another jack I created. Screw wireless, I wouldn't recommend that crap to my worst enemy.

*rant complete*

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Poster
    so then if that isnt waht im really then how do i find out what I am getting?

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Originally posted by Jordank87@27 July 2004 - 22:01
    so then if that isnt waht im really then how do i find out what I am getting?
    Try This Site to cheak what is ur real download and upload speed, oh and dont download or upload anything at that moment to get the perfict result, and better to use a faster Browser like FireFox cuase with Internet Explorer ull get the half of the speed in the resualt.

Benjamen button

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Wireless sucks atm, that goes for bluetoothe and everything else. The only thing I found useful was that yes you can pick up other peoples signals in the vincinity of your home if they also have wireless you can also get on their network becuase most poeple don't change the default configuration schema in wireless routers etc.

For some folks it's not that bad. But if you have an abundance of cell phones, cordless, devices and other things all througout the home then it will cause grave interferance and your connection will drop profusely at any given interval.

I give it a few years. But it's good to have as a backup in case I ever want to go wireless again all my equipment is already paid for and not borrowed from an isp like most people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast