Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

Thread: O'reilly Vs. Moore

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by spinningfreemanny@5 August 2004 - 11:22

What are those reasons?I understand the concept of him having reasons, i would just like you to tell me what you think those reasons are
    ok; rephrase: Saddam will give any excuse in order to attack the U.S., because he really does have the sentiments of terrorists. The American spy that clocker referenced to would do. I can see that all of your questions are leading to your point that the U.S. is at fault; Why can't you just state that? as I said before; There is no excuse or reason for the support and actions of terrorism.

Hopefully this will suffice, but somewhow I doubt it...
    I'll not go any futher with the other points as we are just going round in circles.

Saddam sentiments can only be assumed and assumtion is not fact.

Yes i agree that nothing justifies terrorism but you have to agree that if the USA takes unjust actions then they are at fault. And as i previously stated our losses due to our actions are not payment, the people that give the order for that unjust action should accept the concequenses.
    One American spy is not a reason for war. But America has interfered in foriegn affairs and this is not without risk.
    America is not to blame for the worlds woes but if we don't address the cause for these actions as well as punishing the actions then we will never be free from fear.

i would like to inject a though here
    For whatever excuses they can come up with; but to me it seems that they hate our lifestyle and our judeo-christian roots.
    Doesn't this seem that their actions are in reaction to what they see as us forcing our lifestyle upon them?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #202
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by Busyman+5 August 2004 - 14:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 5 August 2004 - 14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@5 August 2004 - 11:04
    B-

Your original question was: why should I vote for Bush? Didn’t I already explain to you that we’ve been over this already? You had a 50 page thread where you and I went round and round on this issue.

What the hell does answering a question with a question have anything to do with the subject of discussion? You’re running away from the question because you don’t have an answer for it. So instead of trying to convince me to vote for Kerry, which is what I asked you to do, you’d rather play a silly little game of quoting quotes.
    No you didn&#39;t actually. I don&#39;t remember of whole thread full of reasons to vote for Bush (and no one else does either). I do remember a whole lot of "Reasons to vote for someone other than Bush."

If you read carefully the subject was O&#39;Reilly vs. Moore.
    Pay attention and check the title of the thread you are now posting in.

While you spout about running away from a question, you are doing it everytime you post. [/b][/quote]
    The title of the thread was Bush and the good he’s done. You asked for the Republicans of the board to talk about some of the good things that Bush has done during his term in office, which is exactly what I did. I didn’t come up with “excuses”.

And if you read back and look at the first reply to this topic you will see that I addressed the question directly and answered it. Unlike yourself I answered the question that was asked.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #203
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Actually; I agree with most of whats said. Yeah, scared the hell out of me
    I&#39;ll keep this short to wrap up.

True about consequences of unjust actions; but 12 resolutions = just war to me.

We do need an internal spotlight to effectively handle forign policy decisions; but I don&#39;t think that there could be any inward change on our part that should avoid war.

I don&#39;t think Democracy is a lifestyle, It&#39;s just the best form of government that we (by we, I mean the world in general) know of at this time. If another country comes up with a more effective and better system, well we should look into that.

Whats more restricting; a dictator telling you what religion to practice or a democratic government with the freedom to practice any religion?

Don&#39;t feel that you need to answer that

@Hank: apparently you need a thread titled "why is busyman going to vote for Kerry?" in order to get an answer.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #204
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by spinningfreemanny+5 August 2004 - 19:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spinningfreemanny &#064; 5 August 2004 - 19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> @Hank: apparently you need a thread titled "why is busyman going to vote for Kerry?" in order to get an answer. [/b]

@spinningfreemanny: apparently you know not what you talk about.

This is not an answer
    <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank Hank

If I may let me turn this question around on you: why are you going to vote for Kerry? Just because he isn’t Bush? What do you see in him that makes you think that he will be a better leader than Bush? [/quote]
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #205
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    True about consequences of unjust actions; but 12 resolutions = just war to me.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is a declaration of war against about 20% of the countries that existed in the world prior to the breakup of the USSR.

Including Israel as "public enemy number one", with a wopping 18 UN Resolutions outstanding against it... not including the ones vetoed by the USA.

I don&#39;t think Democracy is a lifestyle, It&#39;s just the best form of government that we (by we, I mean the world in general) know of at this time. If another country comes up with a more effective and better system, well we should look into that.
    Prove it.

When you do, please remember to take into account that there are few "pure" Democracies around, and neither the USA nor UK are included in that select club. In both these countries, a party can come to power with a minority of the electorate voting for them.. ie They do not have a true Proportional Representation system in place.

What you are doing is giving an opinion as to "what is best".

Contrary to popular belief, the public are stupid...often.

They wish services and they wish lower taxes, and will vote for these contradictory things.... they vote themselves "cakes and Circuses". This is the reason why politicians dont follow their manefestos anymore, its no longer possible.

A Democracy is based upon the theory that the many know better than the few, other systems belive that the few know more than the many...

Who decides which is best?

As long as there is a Free Market economy, it doesnt really matter which form of Government there is, a country will thrive. Repress "The Market" and it will not develope.

Different cultures wish different things out of life. Not everyone wants a Republican Democracy.

Hell, i&#39;d fight against one, im a Monarchist.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #206
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    The U.S. is not a democracy, it is a Representative Republic.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #207
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    I do not claim to know anything about the election in 2000 other than Gore could not carry his own state. I do not know the higher reasons to all that is now the Middle East.

I do know this though: The beauty of the American system of elections is that it is NOT just a populus vote or the US would be controlled by California, Texas, NY, Florida, Chigcago, Detroit and of course Washington.

Thus it really is a representitive republic something people who have not been fully exposed to may find hard to grasp and yet aside from stray wars and assasinated Presidents in motorcades, one that usually works.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

8. The Drawing Room   -   #208
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@10 August 2004 - 20:00
    I do know this though: The beauty of the American system of elections is that it is NOT just a populus vote or the US would be controlled by California, Texas, NY, Florida, Michegan/Illinois and of course washington.
    what one person might describe as a balanced playing field, another person might describe as overrepresentation. it&#39;s all complicated by the order in which the primaries are held, voter turnout levels, and the method of awarding electoral votes. sure, the value of each electoral vote is the same as every other one, but the effectiveness of each individual vote is totally unpredictable.

(edited on account of longwindedness)

9. The Drawing Room   -   #209
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Well, we live in a great country where most people have it great; if people live a great life, then there is no motivation for change, thus, no reason to vote.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021