Thread: Office 2003 Update

For the sake of argument only, if someone has an "illegal" copy of Office 2003, is it safe to update it?

MS has issued a couple of new updates for Office 2003, one is "critical" the other is just an update to its junk mail filter in Outlook. Is the threat that MS displays before the download begins to be taken seriously? Or can someone just proceed with the update? The threat is that the software may no longer function if the update is made to an illegal copy.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dont know, my copies are legel. Install it and let us know.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    angel_of_death57
    they are fine i do it when it needs updates

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    @ firefox
    Are you one of those that yell "JUMP" when some poor soul is at the edge?

@angel_of_death57
    Thanks, I'll give it a go - even if it may be an illegal copy, which it may not be.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I have the 5 in 1 version, and that updated ok

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thx gents - the updates installed without incident.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by aagfr@28 July 2004 - 14:06
    @ firefox
    Are you one of those that yell "JUMP" when some poor soul is at the edge?

@angel_of_death57
    Thanks, I'll give it a go - even if it may be an illegal copy, which it may not be.
    No I am not, but usually those remarks are posted to scare people and a disclaimer in case something happens to your system because you installed the update. They do not want to be responsible if they mess up your computer or make you loose data. Usually there updates work fine, but if it were to mess up your system because you installed the update, M$ would not give you free support over the phone if you do not have a legal copy of office.

Thats what I meant.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    @Firefox

No Problem. Sometimes I don't say what I mean, and other times I don't hear what was meant.