Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem With Kazaa Lite

n00b
    Hi, I'm italian, so sorry the very bad english
    I have a great problem with K-Lite! I have Windows XP Home Edition, and the pc often crashes when I overload it. (I think Win XP is the worst Microsoft' softwere )
    Well then... if the pc crashes while K-Lite is open, when I reopen it, the files .dat that I 'm sharing, disappear! I don't find anywhere them.
    Can I recover them or no?
    I have lost many divx nearly completed yet

I hope you have understand my problem :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    If K-Lite crashes, then any .dat files you have will be corrupted. K-Lite automatically deletes any corrupt .dat files. Therefore, they cannot be recovered. So my suggestion would be that you should back-up your dat files regularly (by copying them to a folder outside of your shared folder).

Se K-Lite si arresta, allora tutte le files .dat che avete saranno corrotte. K-Lite cancella automaticamente tutte le files .dat corrotte. Di conseguenza, non possono essere recuperati. Così il mio suggerimento sarebbe che dovreste sostenere regolarmente le vostre files .dat (copiandole ad un indice all'esterno del vostro "my shared folder").

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@28 July 2004 - 20:27
    If K-Lite crashes, then any .dat files you have will be corrupted. K-Lite automatically deletes any corrupt .dat files. Therefore, they cannot be recovered. So my suggestion would be that you should back-up your dat files regularly (by copying them to a folder outside of your shared folder).

Se K-Lite si arresta, allora tutte le files .dat che avete saranno corrotte. K-Lite cancella automaticamente tutte le files .dat corrotte. Di conseguenza, non possono essere recuperati. Così il mio suggerimento sarebbe che dovreste sostenere regolarmente le vostre files .dat (copiandole ad un indice all'esterno del vostro "my shared folder").
    w00t multi-lingual Sparkle

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by danb+28 July 2004 - 19:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb @ 28 July 2004 - 19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@28 July 2004 - 20:27
    If K-Lite crashes, then any .dat files you have will be corrupted.&nbsp; K-Lite automatically deletes any corrupt .dat files.&nbsp; Therefore, they cannot be recovered.&nbsp; &nbsp; So my suggestion would be that you should back-up your dat files regularly (by copying them to a folder outside of your shared folder).

Se K-Lite si arresta, allora tutte le files .dat che avete saranno corrotte.&nbsp; K-Lite cancella automaticamente tutte le files .dat corrotte.&nbsp; Di conseguenza, non possono essere recuperati.&nbsp; Così il mio suggerimento sarebbe che dovreste sostenere regolarmente le vostre files .dat (copiandole ad un indice all&#39;esterno del vostro "my shared folder").
    w00t multi-lingual Sparkle [/b][/quote]
    Actually, I have never officially studied Italian, this is just a google translation I put there incase he can&#39;t fully understand the English version. The only language I have studied for 10 years is French, and I also learnt German for a couple of years.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I don&#39;t know how many people I have to tell. USE ARES instead of kazaa&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by HardcoreGamer@29 July 2004 - 02:20
    I don&#39;t know how many people I have to tell. USE ARES instead of kazaa&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Yes I&#39;ve started using the ares network (via wares p2p) aswell, and I&#39;ve never found a fake file so far. It seems quite good, although it lacks many of the features of K-Lite - for example you can&#39;t jump supernode without disconnecting and reconnecting, no multi-tabbed searches, and no tools such as K-Dat and K-Sig.

I think if the Ares network had all of those, it would be even better. But I don&#39;t know how to contact the developers; do they have a forum where they listen to the users&#39; views?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    n00b
    oh, merci beaucoup Sparkle&#33; Maintenant j&#39;ai compri le problème, mais merci surtout pour le suggestion&#33; (french is easier than english )

and... sorry HardcoreGame, but I don&#39;t understand nearly anything is in english and I can&#39;t spend hours whit the dictionary in front of the pc sorry . However the link of ARES don&#39;t open :|

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Seluk@29 July 2004 - 12:49
    oh, merci beaucoup Sparkle&#33; Maintenant j&#39;ai compri le problème, mais merci surtout pour le suggestion&#33; (french is easier than english )

and... sorry HardcoreGame, but I don&#39;t understand nearly anything is in english and I can&#39;t spend hours whit the dictionary in front of the pc sorry . However the link of ARES don&#39;t open :|
    It does for me. Just type in www.areslite.com in your browser.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984+29 July 2004 - 11:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 &#064; 29 July 2004 - 11:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HardcoreGamer@29 July 2004 - 02:20
    Yes I&#39;ve started using the ares network (via wares p2p) aswell, and I&#39;ve never found a fake file so far. It seems quite good, although it lacks many of the features of K-Lite - for example you can&#39;t jump supernode without disconnecting and reconnecting, no multi-tabbed searches, and no tools such as K-Dat and K-Sig.

I think if the Ares network had all of those, it would be even better. But I don&#39;t know how to contact the developers; do they have a forum where they listen to the users&#39; views? [/b][/quote]
    hmmm I don&#39;t think they hacve a forum. I&#39;m sure they will eventually come out with newer Aresss (i think I spelt that right) with more features.
    KLite may have ggod features but the shitload of corrupted files and viruses so it just make good features pointless.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Seluk@29 July 2004 - 12:49

Seluk, si tu trouve le francais plus facile que l&#39;anglais, tu peut obtenir le Ares en francais ici

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast