Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To Be Taller

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by SodiumChloride+30 July 2004 - 05:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SodiumChloride @ 30 July 2004 - 05:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@29 July 2004 - 06:33
    is it true that most people have a height between that of their parents ?

if so&nbsp; &nbsp; im all grown up - bless me&nbsp;
    Nah, then over time everyone would be about the same.

The trick to being tall is to reincarnate as a Norwegian. [/b][/quote]
    FINE&#33; just burst my bubble
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    being tall isnt tht good...as jonno said i have to agree with him

im almost 6"2 and only 15 and no im not one of those really big people i only weight 149pounds which is perfect for my height

but im too tall :helpsmile:

u noe wt my secret is....

drink lots of milk and u will seriously see some growth because i cant stop growing

My Blog
    I'm still here.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@30 July 2004 - 10:12
    being tall isnt tht good...as jonno said i have to agree with him&nbsp;

im almost 6"2 and only 15&nbsp; &nbsp; and no im not one of those really big people i only weight 149pounds&nbsp; which is perfect for my height&nbsp;

but im too tall&nbsp; :helpsmile:&nbsp;

u noe wt my secret is....

drink lots of milk and u will seriously see some growth because i cant stop growing&nbsp;
    milk ok more milk&#33;

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by SodiumChloride+30 July 2004 - 06:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SodiumChloride @ 30 July 2004 - 06:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@29 July 2004 - 06:33

if so&nbsp; &nbsp; im all grown up - bless me&nbsp;
    Nah, then over time everyone would be about the same.

The trick to being tall is to reincarnate as a Norwegian. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah sure. I think they&#39;re average height is at most an inch or two taller than yours, as ours is.

I hear the dutch are the tallest, again it&#39;s marginal tho&#39;.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@28 July 2004 - 23:35
    How come my penis gets mentioned in 2 different threads at the same time, both by men?

Jonno B)
    Hello&#33;

Because your avatar remindes them of a certain member hehe

Sincerely Joakim Agren&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Originally posted by SoiL@29 July 2004 - 08:10
    lots of milk and lots of sleep helps i think
    i herd ages ages ages ago u grow while u sleep
    Hello&#33;

Yes that is true&#33;

Most of our height gain is done during sleeping hours&#33;. The reason is because it would hurt our growth if we grew during waking ours when we move around. We would get twisted joints and strange back. The newly formed skelletal material in our joints is soft and weak and needs to be hardened before putting any strain on it and that takes a few hours. We grow when we are in REM sleep which means Rapid Eyes Movement sleep basically while we are dreaming&#33;.

So long hours of sleep is cruical during our puberty if we wanna reach our full height&#33;. 8 hours a day during week days and 10 hours during weekends should be enough&#33;.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Originally posted by SoiL@29 July 2004 - 08:15
    read this
    http://www.gainheight.com/
    Hello&#33;

Yes that is total BS&#33;

When we have stoped growing there is no way we can add extra centimeters(Inches) to our height naturally by using any device or subtsance its a ripp of and fraud. When the bone plates in our joints have hardened as they usually do when we are between 18-20 for men and 16-18 for women then it is finito no more growth&#33;. The only means to get taller is by cracking the bones and use a bone stretcher device with screws that lenghtens the bone when it grow back in the crack and it is very painfull and takes several months to do and leaves ugly scaring behind it is basically torture.

One thing though&#33; You can actually gain a little extra height between 30-50 if you are a man due to extra cartilage beeing created in your spine between discs so you can actually gain an extra 0.5 CM(1/5") in height during those years so basically almost nothing. If you have bad posture however you can gain in height about 1/2-1"(1.2-2.5 CM) by excercising certain techniques. One famous techniqe used by ballet dancers is the Pilates method which works many times to lenghten the spine&#33; http://www.pilatesmethodalliance.org/

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by gemby&#33;@29 July 2004 - 14:33

if so im all grown up - bless me
    Hello&#33;

No that is not the case&#33;

But your parents height gives the centile to follow and your expected not to deviate from that curve to much&#33;

How tall are you and how tall are yoru parents?

With that Info I can calculate if you have reached your full height of if you have not reached the full potential&#33;. This is however only relevant if you have a chance of continue growing but atleast might be interested in seeing if you have reached full potential from your gene set&#33;.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by Joakim Agren+30 July 2004 - 18:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joakim Agren @ 30 July 2004 - 18:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SoiL@29 July 2004 - 08:15
    read this
    http://www.gainheight.com/
    Hello&#33;

Yes that is total BS&#33;

When we have stoped growing there is no way we can add extra centimeters(Inches) to our height naturally by using any device or subtsance its a ripp of and fraud. When the bone plates in our joints have hardened as they usually do when we are between 18-20 for men and 16-18 for women then it is finito no more growth&#33;. The only means to get taller is by cracking the bones and use a bone stretcher device with screws that lenghtens the bone when it grow back in the crack and it is very painfull and takes several months to do and leaves ugly scaring behind it is basically torture.

One thing though&#33; You can actually gain a little extra height between 30-50 if you are a man due to extra cartilage beeing created in your spine between discs so you can actually gain an extra 0.5 CM(1/5") in height during those years so basically almost nothing. If you have bad posture however you can gain in height about 1/2-1"(1.2-2.5 CM) by excercising certain techniques. One famous techniqe used by ballet dancers is the Pilates method which works many times to lenghten the spine&#33; http://www.pilatesmethodalliance.org/ [/b][/quote]
    I have been drinking a lot of milk and sleeping for long periods of time recently and have definatley noticed a height boost....just about the only way to do it really, unless you want to hang upside down or have the operation.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast