Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Excuse For People Who Dont What They're

Chame1eon's Avatar Super Freak
    yeah, kids play violent games amyway, but i think media amplifies it and makes it seem more acceptable. i think the fact that you played cowboys and indians which was probably popular at the time, and present day kids pretend their robots or whatever proves that they take inspiration from the media that their exposed to.

enven though media influences kids behavior, so do parents genes and the rest of society. not only that but things that are mostly due to chance, like a trumatising car accident, or a bully next door will also have an effect. My point is that you can't blame parents or kids for being messed up, and you can't blame whatever media is availabel either. i think media and parents are usually blamed becase it's easy.
    I only licked you for the salt

2. Games   -   #32
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    You want to see the red flags I have to put down on the paving slabs when I go out

Damn Minesweeper

3. Games   -   #33
    Originally posted by danb@29 July 2004 - 15:40
    You want to see the red flags I have to put down on the paving slabs when I go out

Damn Minesweeper
    lol obviously they don't have that much influence.

4. Games   -   #34
    Originally posted by Chame1eon+29 July 2004 - 20:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chame1eon @ 29 July 2004 - 20:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danb@29 July 2004 - 15:40
    You want to see the red flags I have to put down on the paving slabs when I go out&nbsp;

Damn Minesweeper&nbsp;
    lol obviously they don&#39;t have that much influence. [/b][/quote]
    putting flags on errrr... flags isn&#39;t as silly as killing people cos you did it in a game
    <span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

5. Games   -   #35
    Originally posted by MicroScreen2+29 July 2004 - 15:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MicroScreen2 @ 29 July 2004 - 15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Chame1eon@29 July 2004 - 20:47
    <!--QuoteBegin-danb
    @29 July 2004 - 15:40

Damn Minesweeper

lol obviously they don&#39;t have that much influence.
    putting flags on errrr... flags isn&#39;t as silly as killing people cos you did it in a game [/b][/quote]
    that&#39;s not what i&#39;m saying. i just think that boith the people that think that it is strictly parents fault, and those that think it is the games fault are over simplifing, which annoys me becase it makes it easy to blame one or the other party. parents shouldn&#39;t shoulder all of the guilt and games shouldn&#39;t be censored.

I think that peopekl will always kill each other, and games make it just slightly more likely, and more often will have influence over the way that it is done.

6. Games   -   #36
    games dont make it any more likely. people who kill other people are sociopaths, psychopaths or do it on impulse. games do not convince people to kill other people
    <span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

7. Games   -   #37
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Chame1eon+29 July 2004 - 20:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chame1eon &#064; 29 July 2004 - 20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by MicroScreen2@29 July 2004 - 15:50
    Originally posted by Chame1eon@29 July 2004 - 20:47
    <!--QuoteBegin-danb
    @29 July 2004 - 15:40

Damn Minesweeper

lol obviously they don&#39;t have that much influence.

putting flags on errrr... flags isn&#39;t as silly as killing people cos you did it in a game
    that&#39;s not what i&#39;m saying. i just think that boith the people that think that it is strictly parents fault, and those that think it is the games fault are over simplifing, which annoys me becase it makes it easy to blame one or the other party. parents shouldn&#39;t shoulder all of the guilt and games shouldn&#39;t be censored.

I think that peopekl will always kill each other, and games make it just slightly more likely, and more often will have influence over the way that it is done. [/b][/quote]
    Bottom line is that the game was supplied to an under-age kid who then went on to develop an unhealthy obsession with it.

Where were the parents at any time in this? They let their child have this game, they let him develop his obsession and it seems they did little to stop this.

I have a 15 year old brother, he is allowed to play counter-strike though a game like Manhunt he would not be allowed to play. Also my parents always look out for his emotional welfare, if they sense something was wrong then they would seek help for him.

Sorry to offend, but in this case I feel the parents are to blame. The obsession with the game was asympton that should have been picked up before this tragic incident.

8. Games   -   #38
    Orange_Boy's Avatar Metal Head
    I just saw on the news another news report on this manhunt game. i saw the news the other day and had like the whole day on this murder
    and one thing i cant under stand is this

The boys mum ( boy who got murdered ) she said they should bann this games well she also said her 14 year old son and his 17 year friend were playing manhunt for hrs on end so why is she saying they should bann the game when her child was underage in the first place&#33; how can a game make some one do this the game doesnt tell u to kill some one or run over some one or shoot some one its down to the parents if they buy a game for there kids which is for 18&#39;s only then its there fault

also parents tried to bann games like Doom and Counter strike as there were murders in america and they all said they place these games seeing as counter strike is for 15+ so they cant blaim the game and doom is 18
    (better post )
    Coming Soon!

9. Games   -   #39
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    i just would like to know y everyone blames hippies? do u no how stupid u r... why not just just blame a bunch of migget clowns for that matter

try to learn what hippies r about before bringing them (or anyone for that matter) into an arguement... the people who are against games are the people who want to hide their children from the evil in society (which is impossible by the way) but the people who do this r usually uptight mothers who have lead a very simple life
    tYiA

10. Games   -   #40
    Originally posted by Bowen747x@29 July 2004 - 23:29
    i just would like to know y everyone blames hippies? do u no how stupid u r... why not just just blame a bunch of migget clowns for that matter

try to learn what hippies r about before bringing them (or anyone for that matter) into an arguement... the people who are against games are the people who want to hide their children from the evil in society (which is impossible by the way) but the people who do this r usually uptight mothers who have lead a very simple life
    yeah i though hippies where into the first amendment , the originals ere anyway, but if i say that everyone will be mad at me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast