Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Another Excuse For People Who Dont What They're

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Chame1eon+30 July 2004 - 04:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chame1eon @ 30 July 2004 - 04:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bowen747x@29 July 2004 - 23:29
    i just would like to know y everyone blames hippies? do u no how stupid u r... why not just just blame a bunch of migget clowns for that matter

try to learn what hippies r about before bringing them (or anyone for that matter) into an arguement... the people who are against games are the people who want to hide their children from the evil in society (which is impossible by the way) but the people who do this r usually uptight mothers who have lead a very simple life
    yeah i though hippies where into the first amendment , the originals ere anyway, but if i say that everyone will be mad at me. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think that the one comment was aimed at actual hippies...rather it was used as a deragtory term towards a certain mindset...

2. Games   -   #42
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Withcheese+29 July 2004 - 22:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 29 July 2004 - 22:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Chame1eon@29 July 2004 - 20:59
    Originally posted by MicroScreen2@29 July 2004 - 15:50
    Originally posted by Chame1eon@29 July 2004 - 20:47
    <!--QuoteBegin-danb
    @29 July 2004 - 15:40
    You want to see the red flags I have to put down on the paving slabs when I go out

Damn Minesweeper

lol obviously they don&#39;t have that much influence.

putting flags on errrr... flags isn&#39;t as silly as killing people cos you did it in a game

that&#39;s not what i&#39;m saying. i just think that boith the people that think that it is strictly parents fault, and those that think it is the games fault are over simplifing, which annoys me becase it makes it easy to blame one or the other party. parents shouldn&#39;t shoulder all of the guilt and games shouldn&#39;t be censored.

I think that peopekl will always kill each other, and games make it just slightly more likely, and more often will have influence over the way that it is done.
    Bottom line is that the game was supplied to an under-age kid who then went on to develop an unhealthy obsession with it.

Where were the parents at any time in this? They let their child have this game, they let him develop his obsession and it seems they did little to stop this.

I have a 15 year old brother, he is allowed to play counter-strike though a game like Manhunt he would not be allowed to play. Also my parents always look out for his emotional welfare, if they sense something was wrong then they would seek help for him.

Sorry to offend, but in this case I feel the parents are to blame. The obsession with the game was asympton that should have been picked up before this tragic incident. [/b][/quote]
    Games don&#39;t kill people, parents kill people?

3. Games   -   #43
    Originally posted by Withcheese+30 July 2004 - 05:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 30 July 2004 - 05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Chame1eon@30 July 2004 - 04:18
    <!--QuoteBegin-Bowen747x
    @29 July 2004 - 23:29
    i just would like to know y everyone blames hippies? do u no how stupid u r... why not just just blame a bunch of migget clowns for that matter

try to learn what hippies r about before bringing them (or anyone for that matter) into an arguement... the people who are against games are the people who want to hide their children from the evil in society (which is impossible by the way) but the people who do this r usually uptight mothers who have lead a very simple life

yeah i though hippies where into the first amendment , the originals ere anyway, but if i say that everyone will be mad at me.
    I don&#39;t think that the one comment was aimed at actual hippies...rather it was used as a deragtory term towards a certain mindset... [/b][/quote]
    i just imagined picket lines outside the rockstar studios full of people who protest at anything, even when they know nothing about it
    <span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

4. Games   -   #44
    can I curse? FUCK!
    People aren&#39;t thinking deep enough, Why aren&#39;t the game developers crazy like that kid? its not the game&#39;s fault, surely the people who make the game should be alot more insane than the people who play it and you don&#39;t see these game developers going out killing people. Its absurd. I truly believe this is the parents&#39; fault. They have responsibilities as parents to watch over their children to make sure that they won&#39;t do anything dangerous to endanger themselves or other people.

5. Games   -   #45
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Victim not killer owned &#39;muder manual&#39; game

The copy of the computer game Manhunt that was discovered during the investigation into the murder of a 14-year-old boy was not the possession of the killer but the victim, it has emerged.

UK retailers Dixons and Game both pulled the title from their stores&#39; shelves last week after the parents of the murdered boy, Stefan Pakeerah, alleged that his murderer, Warren LeBlanc, 17, was "obsessed" by the grisly game and that it had inspired has murderous actions.

The victims father dubbed Manhunt "a manual for murder".

It was widely reported by the mainstream press, online and TV media that the game had been found in LeBlanc&#39;s bedroom.

However, today it emerged that Leicestershire police found the game in Pakeerah&#39;s room, not LeBlanc&#39;s, GamesIndustry.biz reports.

"The video game was not found in Warren LeBlanc&#39;s room, it was found in Stefan Pakeerah&#39;s room," a police spokesperson said today. "Leicestershire Constabulary stands by its response that police investigations did not uncover any connections to the video game, the motive for the incident was robbery."

Police believe LeBlanc murdered Pakeerah, whom he knew, to obtain money to pay back a drug-related debt.

LeBlanc&#39;s assumed possession of Manhunt raised the questions as to how a 17-year-old was able to get hold of the game. The game carries an 18 certificate, so it is illegal to sell it to anyone under that age. Now it has emerged that the game was owned by the 14-year-old Pakeerah, that question has not gone away.

6. Games   -   #46
    hooray for irony
    <span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

7. Games   -   #47
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Just goes to show the fallacy of simple solutions.

8. Games   -   #48
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    people, humans are stupid

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345