Thread: Need Help With K++ 2452e

Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I just installed the latest version of Klite K++ v2452e. And I must admit it is truely wonderful to see another K++ version arrive. I had thought there would never be another after v243.

At any rate, I also am currently using Norton AntiVirus 2004Pro. Klite itself runs just fine. However roughly every three or four minutes, I am receiving messages from NAV that say "kpp is requesting a scan for .dat xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx file". Or something to that effect. It does this for each .dat file in my shared folder. Choosing either option "OK" or "stop scan" changes nothing. NAV still displays those scan request messages every couple of minutes for each .dat file.

The network is far too volatile to not use or not run an anti-virus application while downloading. And I am certain that this is not normal behavior for either KPP or NAV. Using another anti-virus program is simply not an option as I have run NAV2004 with prior KPP and KLR versions with no problems what-so-ever.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    A good antivirus will scan any file that you "put" in your pc. So, the norton is just scanning before it comes to your pc. I use Zonealarm and Vcatch antivirus and both scan the file before I get it automatically. Sometimes I start a download and seconds after the download is cancelled showing a message from the antivirus. Conclusion: You may enable a automatic scan so NAV ll not ask before the down load. It ll just scan and if it is some threat NAV ll clean it.
    Funny?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Thanks for the suggestion, however, NAV is constantly requesting a scan for the same .dat files every few minutes no matter what option I choose at NAV's pop-up prompt.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    You already search for the NAV options? Like P2P programs or filesharing... I used a few months later NAV 2003 and it works ok. Without problems... But, I havent found nothing concerning filesharing, P2P programs or anything like... It just clean when I downloaded a virus or trojan file. Try reinstalling NAV...
    Funny?