Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logitech Z-640 Speakers Help!

For some reason I only can get two of the speakers out of the 4 working.. They are all pluged in right into the Sub Woofer but... Can anyone give me any help?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    there are 2 or 3 (can't remember) headphone-type jack (3.5mm jacks).

all of these have got to be plugged into your sound card so...
    you need a 5.1 channels soundcard...
    OR (this is what i did)
    a 3.5mm jack splitter. You plug the 3.5mm jack into your computer then plug the speakers into this adaptor thing that splits teh signal into 3 signals.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Well I do have that 5.1 because I have 5 channels in the back. 3 jacks are getting plugged in there a yellow, black and green... SO what should I do

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    make sure they are all enabled first of all.

then you gotta use a music program that can support them all....
    most would probably just require a little tinkering around in teh options.

as a test, if u have a dvd rom drive, is to play a dvd and see if all speakers will play something.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    How do I make sure they are all enabled? I mean what should I test

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    ok so im going to head to Radio Shack to see if they have a 3.5mm jack splitter is that correct?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Have you installed the correct sound drivers for your motherboard or sound card?

If so, you need to go into Sound and Audio Devices in control panel, there may be a speaker setup option in there, or you may have a separate setup program. Default setting is usually for 2 speakers, you need to change this to get all the speakers working.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Mrguy123@21 July 2004 - 14:18
    ok so im going to head to Radio Shack to see if they have a 3.5mm jack splitter is that correct?
    ya it's right but you should first try what lynx said. getting the 5.1 sound to work would be better...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    hmm im thinking about getting this audio system....but i only have a Asus P4C800E - Deluxe and no separate sound card....i read that this mb's supposed to support a 5.1 channel is this true? because i only see 3 jacks total in the back....and if it does work, do i need a new sound card for it to sound good? is it gonna be really crappy if i use the onboard sound?? oh and to anyone who has it, how is the sound quality?? is it clear and is the bass a good quality with big thump?? thx

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Ok i had this issue too. The prob was with my mobo, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe. (which i use for sound). I opened up the sound settings (a program that came with my mobo), and had to enable all the speakers. By default it was set to only use 2 speakers and the sub. Now works in 5.1 surround. Take a look around for a similar setting with your soundcard/mobo.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast