Thread: Adwarex Eliminator

can I curse? FUCK!
    I've got the proggy, I ran scans a couple of times already, the first time, it caught around 520+ spywares on my comp and the second time it caught around 400+, and that was after adaware and spybot's scans.. any of you guys used this proggy before?

Edit: Oops, forgot to put that the interface of the program is similar to Adaware's

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Sounds like just another ad-aware rip off...

* Note on ADS Adware Remover & AdwareX Eliminator: A few days or so after ADS Adware Remover and AdwareX Eliminator were added to these pages, new versions of both were released. While these new versions do sport some cosmetic changes to the interface (see above), they appear to be the same application underneath (they even use the same Reference.dat database file and produce the same ridiculous false positives). Apparently the folks at AdwareX Eliminator are attempting to deny the obvious.
    source

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    can I curse? FUCK!
    well.. I had this problem where I would right click on a file or folder in windows explorer or some type of folder/file exploring window and it would have that microsoft error and i had to close it.. and after I scanned with this program that problem was gone.. anyone can elaborate? (I heard that problem was created by spysweeper so I deleted it before I installed adwareX and it still didn't fix it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Did you restart the computer after uninstalling Spysweeper?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by Rick Phlegm@29 July 2004 - 06:03
    Sounds like just another ad-aware rip off...

* Note on ADS Adware Remover & AdwareX Eliminator: A few days or so after ADS Adware Remover and AdwareX Eliminator were added to these pages, new versions of both were released. While these new versions do sport some cosmetic changes to the interface (see above), they appear to be the same application underneath (they even use the same Reference.dat database file and produce the same ridiculous false positives). Apparently the folks at AdwareX Eliminator are attempting to deny the obvious.
    source
    Yikes that sounds scary! Finds programs like Nero & Adobe as false positives! Hope you backup.