Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selling Shrek 2 On Ebay

Hey,

i saw some ppl selling shrek 2 on dvd so i thought i may do it then i recived this email:

hmmm.................?

Dennis L. Wilson
    Keats McFarland & Wilson LLP

9720 Wilshire Blvd., Penthouse Suite

Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Tel: (310) 248-3830

Fax: (310) 860-0363

July 28, 2004

VIA ELECTRONIC MAIL

Mark Wignall

West Midlands, UK

eBay ID: dvd_dude2004

Email: [email protected]

RE: UNAUTHORIZED SALE OF "SHREK 2" MOTION PICTURE

Dear Mr. Wignall:

This letter is being written to you on behalf of DreamWorks SKG (hereinafter "DreamWorks"). DreamWorks is the owner of rights in and to the "Shrek 2" motion picture.

DreamWorks has recently learned that you have offered for sale an unauthorized DVD copy of the

"Shrek 2" motion picture on eBay's web site located at "http://www.ebay.com," auction item # 2259819595. You are hereby put on notice that the reproduction, transmission and/or distribution by you of unauthorized copies of the "Shrek 2" motion picture constitutes copyright infringement.

DreamWorks hereby demands that you and all those who have acted in concert with you immediately cease any unauthorized copying, transmission, distribution and/or other utilization of any of its protected intellectual property, including any use of the "Shrek 2" motion picture.

In addition to the foregoing, we request that you:

(1) voluntarily relinquish your unauthorized copy of the "Shrek 2" motion picture to the undersigned at the address listed at the top of this letter;

(2) provide all information pertaining to the source from which you obtained your unauthorized copy of the "Shrek 2" motion picture, including the source's name, address, phone number, web site address and e-mail address; and

(3) provide all information pertaining to any purchaser of your unauthorized copy of the "Shrek 2" motion picture, including the purchaser's name, address, phone number and e-mail address.

Should you not immediately do so, DreamWorks expressly reserves all of its rights to file a lawsuit against you to obtain damages for all past acts of infringement and an injunction to prevent any future infringement.

Please sign this letter in the space provided below, and return it with the above-requested materials to the undersigned immediately. If we do not receive your written confirmation, we will be forced to recommend that DreamWorks immediately take further legal action.

This letter is not a complete statement of DreamWorks' rights in connection with this matter, and nothing contained herein constitutes an express or implied waiver of any rights, remedies, or defenses of DreamWorks in connection with this matter, all of which are expressly reserved.

Very truly yours,

/s/

Dennis L. Wilson

Keats McFarland & Wilson LLP

cc: DreamWorks SKG

I, ___________________________, hereby acknowledge that I have ceased offering for sale and/or distributing unauthorized copies of the "Shrek 2" motion picture and any other goods which infringe DreamWorks' rights in any of its motion picture properties; and have complied with (1)-(3) above.

Signature

Print Name

Date

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    i thought it cld be somebody messing around but they have my name and know my area wolverhampton,west midlands ...............what do u guys think i shld do???

Beverly Hills, CA 90212
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?count...A&zipcode=90212

-is it a real place i checkedon the address?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    lmfao dude your fucking screwed

(2) provide all information pertaining to the source from which you obtained your unauthorized copy of the "Shrek 2" motion picture, including the source's name, address, phone number, web site address and e-mail address

DONT DO IT DONT DO IT!!!!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Shall i say from Kazaa thats hardly and suprise . . . and i burnt it myself???

im a bit confused on the first one do they want me to send them a copy of shrek...its cause i used ebay they must be targeting them ppl oooooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by original_nuttahx@30 July 2004 - 09:39
    Shall i say from Kazaa thats hardly and suprise . . . and i burnt it myself
    wait its not only you right? i mean cause i searched "shrek 2 dvd" and i see tons of people selling the dvd

EDIT: how about just saying you were lying to the people and that you just wanted money and you were just sending them the trailer of shrek 2 and you never had shrek 2 from the beggening.....

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I, ___________________________, hereby acknowledge that I have ceased offering for sale and/or distributing unauthorized copies of the "Shrek 2" motion picture and any other goods which infringe DreamWorks' rights in any of its motion picture properties; and have complied with (1)-(3) above.

I have only just received his cheque and I will NOT be banking it. Or sending him Shrek 2
    I acquired the original source from emule and burnt it onto a dvd you can find the url at
    www.emule-project.net/

this is my reply wot u think

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    do i need to send the DVD DISK AS WELL??? is that what number (1) means?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    how about just saying you were lying to the customer and that you just sent him shrek 1

yah u gotta send the DVD aswell

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    hmm im not lying that will piss them off i cant belive this i have 2 reply dont i otherwise they will do something cause they have my address id f uck them off otherwise but they have it and i know they would send letters ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh crazyness. So im going to send that...do i need to send the original disk as well?

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    So wait... is this a real dvd or a backup or one you created? Or was it opened? Can we get a link to the auction?
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast