Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Poor George

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by j2k4+5 August 2004 - 20:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 5 August 2004 - 20:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alex H@5 August 2004 - 00:54
    Oh come on all you Republicans&#33; Doesn&#39;t anyone think a bit more accountability would benifit the people of out wonderful democarcies?
    Please re-state this, Alex? [/b][/quote]
    J2

I believe Alex is making a call for our politicians to be clearer in what they promise and held to account if they don&#39;t deliver. In this he argues on the side of the angels.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Biggles+5 August 2004 - 15:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 5 August 2004 - 15:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@5 August 2004 - 20:02
    <!--QuoteBegin-Alex H
    @5 August 2004 - 00:54
    Oh come on all you Republicans&#33; Doesn&#39;t anyone think a bit more accountability would benifit the people of out wonderful democarcies?

Please re-state this, Alex?
    J2

I believe Alex is making a call for our politicians to be clearer in what they promise and held to account if they don&#39;t deliver. In this he argues on the side of the angels. [/b][/quote]
    Eh?

The angels have over-tippled, then?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Angels with dirty faces (or is it minds?)

A little something I saw earlier..

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we," Bush said on Thursday.

Not sure, but it is quite endearing in a way.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Originally posted by Biggles@5 August 2004 - 15:28
    Angels with dirty faces (or is it minds?)

A little something I saw earlier..

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we," Bush said on Thursday.

Not sure, but it is quite endearing in a way.
    Just so.

Poor guy.

EDIT: Rather like a cart situated between two horses, I think.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Need to ask something, i have been wondering about this a long time : why do you americans still call yourself the greatest democracy in the world ? I mean look at florida 2000. And whats up what that voting for people who vote in youre place whose gonna be president ? In my country we use the proportional system : every vote counts for example if someone gets 67 ou 100 votes he gets 67% and so on, no winner takes all. In a winner takes all-system it doesnt matter if u win with 50.00001% or with 99.999999% is that fair or even logic ? and plze no bullshit about it being tradition or u have to stop calling us the old-country

BTW glad to see that opposing views dont have to lead to name-calling. I can disagree with someone 100% but at least give me the decency to explain/listen your/mine viewpoint thats all i ever ask.
    &quot;I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.&quot;
    Litany of fear (Frank Herbert&#39;s Dune)

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Originally posted by Draco@13 August 2004 - 02:12
    Need to ask something, i have been wondering about this a long time : why do you americans still call yourself the greatest democracy in the world ? I mean look at florida 2000. And whats up what that voting for people who vote in youre place whose gonna be president ? In my country we use the proportional system : every vote counts for example if someone gets 67 ou 100 votes he gets 67% and so on, no winner takes all. In a winner takes all-system it doesnt matter if u win with 50.00001% or with 99.999999% is that fair or even logic ? and plze no bullshit about it being tradition or u have to stop calling us the old-country

BTW glad to see that opposing views dont have to lead to name-calling. I can disagree with someone 100% but at least give me the decency to explain/listen your/mine viewpoint thats all i ever ask.
    If you google electoral college and do a bit of reading things should clear up considerably, Draco.

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345