Thread: Hijackthis

atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.

very annoying (this is on a friends comp).

i had to make the screen res = 1800x1440 to be able to show the entire list in a screencapture

his brother installed a prank virus onto his comp, moving the mouse to the screen corner every 30 seconds. i was not able to remove it cuz its not in the startup list (msconfig) nor in the services list nor in the startup menu...

damn it did it again HELP PLEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! thx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Scanning AV, spyware scanners.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you could of just saved the log and pasted it here...like most people do...
    and dude you should no, that not everything on that list is bad...the majority is suppose to be there...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I would run an online virus scan at Trend Micro housecall.

Run adaware and spybot, Fix what they find.

If you still need to, download the new version of hijackthis 1.98
    Move hijackthis to a permanent folder like C:&#092;HJT&#092;hijackthis.exe or anywhere you choose. It will save backup files there just in case.

Close all browser windows and run hijackthis. Don&#39;t fix anything yet, most of that listed is ok.
    The screen shot leaves out a lot of stuff that the logfile would include. After scaning, press the save log button, copy the full contents of the logfile and paste them here.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    try a place like this those guys are better at recognising the bad stuff right away.

Oh, and when it says toolbar, it&#39;s prolly dodgy. Not sure about the searchhooks either.

EDit: it says macafee on that toolbar tho&#39;.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    or spywareinfo.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    i can trust most of it, but my friend needs to find out which (if any) are bad

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    there is one virus i can see. but when you scan and save a log, it shows more info, like the running processes.

so please do get the new version and copy and paste the contents here.