Thread: Updating Bios

well i have a P4Ch00-E Deluxe...from 6 months ago...never updated the bios so its kinda old...i wanna update it to the latest bios...but im having a little hard time with the instructions. These are the instructions for my M/B i think...

http://www.asus.com/support/english/...os/afudos.aspx

i cant do step 1 ( create a boot disk without AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files )....i typed C:\> FORMAT A: /S in the cmd thing...and it says 'C:\" is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

and i cant find the "Create boot disk" in the add/remove programs....

also whats an unformatted disk? i have a floppy but it says formatted...

and do i follow the steps for "AFUDOS BIOS Update Procedure " or "Use built-in EZ Flash BIOS to Refresh"...if i follow the 2nd one does it mean i have to make 2 disks??

thx all

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Unless you need it, why bother can cause more problems than good. But good news Asus is pretty basic , you didn't install asus bios update? Check your mobo disk .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I seem to recall updating my Asus BIOS from within Windows...no floppy required.
    I know for a fact that my new NF7-S allows this- I just did it a few days ago.

Maybe you can't with the Intel based boards though.
    <span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Resistence is futile.</span></span></span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    haha that auto bios update thing helps alot....it took like 3 clicks

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@29 July 2004 - 18:29
    haha that auto bios update thing helps alot....it took like 3 clicks
    So it worked? Hope so, only need to update bios is for a chipset or cpu upgrade or some fix you really need. Read the update very carefully , if your computer is running fine why play with fire? Rule of thumb is to backup bios first.Mind you the new mobos make it almost idiot proof.