Thread: Dvd-r

i downloaded the last samurai and burned it on a DVD_R disk, no problem occured during the burning process. the dvd-R plays fine on my computer but when i play it on my dvd player its black and whit, what seems to be the problem????

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I would imagine that you've burnt it as NTSC and your DVD player is PAL only. (or vice versa)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker@30 July 2004 - 23:23
    I would imagine that you've burnt it as NTSC and your DVD player is PAL only. (or vice versa)
    yes this seems like the most likely answer because i can't think of another.
    Robert00000

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Some dvd players can play both. Go into your dvd palyer options and make sure if it can play both pal and ntsc.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    try looking here video help dvd players and see if your player is region free or if there is a hack to make it that way

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@31 July 2004 - 01:19
    Some dvd players can play both. Go into your dvd palyer options and make sure if it can play both pal and ntsc.
    thx for the advise, i changed the option to both (PAL and NTSC) and it worked,,

thx every1 for the help!

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    ah i see, i've had that issue with my PS2 thought it was a console problem
    so now we know!
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>