Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: !ive Been Busted!

1 Time don't exist anymore, bought out by PC World or dixons, something like that
    2 Why would the pc vendor bother, they've got your cash they do NOT care what u do with the PC, it's not there responsibility, u can't sue a gun shop because the murderer bought the gun from there
    3 run an undelete programme through your machine, restore the deletes
    4 Why would a pc building company expend extra cash to install hardware to protect other companies profits ie copyright
    5 And this one is much more likely, run some anti vvirus saoftware, there are loads that specifically target kazaa, my shared folder. and while you're on with that it might be an idea to have a look at your outlook express folders, you will probably get a nasty surprise

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    yeah seems strange only thing that i can think off is that i almost bought a time pc a few years ago and they tried pretty hard to sell me some kind of warranty where they could fix almost all software problems by accessing the pc via the internet using their own pre installed software could be something to do with that but not sure really.Seems strange they would bother though
    ps weren't the sheep piss poor wednesday night lol

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    My theory is that someone from the ISP called your mom, not the computer vendor (if she is so unknowledgeable in comps she might've mixed the 2 up) and the ISP didn't want you using Kazaa so they told your mom that it was illegal and gave her instructions on how to delete everything

I really can't think of another possibility as this is very strange...

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Did anyone used your computer when that happened?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    sounds like k lite was pulled off and all the files and folders went to as for time must companys phone to try to get you to take xtra cover money for them time bought out tiny pc like why wold time spend time money trying to find out what poeple download and time run supanet there own ISP

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Murphy
    I've bought two Time computers, one in '98 and one last year. They phone every 6 - 9 months, probably to get you to buy something else. Don't think Time deleted your files

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    your mother could be a spy?

but really, that phone call isn't strange, some isp call to see if your happy with the services that they given you. if they wanted you to stop filesharing, they would of sent you a letter telling you to stop filesharing or else they cancel your account..... two things, somebody used your computer, or you did something. the thrid, your mom knows more about what you do on the computer then you know.

give that last one a thought...who knows.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Kazza aint Illegeal (at least at the mo) so they couldnt have touched it dude, plus u could sue their asses if they tried owt like that, probably just a sneaky coinsidence

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by Nottingham_Forest_Football_Club@22 March 2003 - 20:58
    now ive just turned on my PC and all my downloaded stuff and kazaa has vanished?????!?!
    I'm curious, unless I read this wrong you *just* turned on your computer? Then how did 'they' turn it on, a remote device? (or did you mean you just turned the screen on and the computer had in fact been running while you were out?)

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    I'm curious, unless I read this wrong you *just* turned on your computer? Then how did 'they' turn it on, a remote device? (or did you mean you just turned the screen on and the computer had in fact been running while you were out?)
    thats a good question. Probably the ISP called your mom and your mom deleted the stuff under their instruction like whats his name just said. what does your mom say about that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast