Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Learning To Play The Guitar Hard?

slim150's Avatar Poster
    Anyone who plays, what do you think? When you have no idea how to, how long did it take you to be semi decent? Rate it from a difficulty from 1-10. I'm bored, I was thinking maybe to try a new hobby. You know what they say about idle hands and all.

Lots of input appreciated!!

"Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

2. Lounge   -   #2
    7/10
    try byeing a video game

3. Lounge   -   #3
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by slim150@31 July 2004 - 03:43
    Anyone who plays, what do you think? When you have no idea how to, how long did it take you to be semi decent? Rate it from a difficulty from 1-10. I'm bored, I was thinking maybe to try a new hobby. You know what they say about idle hands and all.

Lots of input appreciated!!

If you have "the feel", you will become semi-decent in about, let's say, 10 minutes.

Ask Jonno.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by ziggyjuarez@30 July 2004 - 23:44
    7/10
    try byeing a video game
    Buying a video game?

I'll download

5. Lounge   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by nigel123+31 July 2004 - 06:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 31 July 2004 - 06:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slim150@31 July 2004 - 03:43
    Anyone who plays, what do you think?&nbsp; When you have no idea how to, how long did it take you to be semi decent?&nbsp; Rate it from a difficulty from 1-10.&nbsp; I&#39;m bored, I was thinking maybe to try a new hobby.&nbsp; You know what they say about idle hands and all.

Lots of input appreciated&#33;&#33;

If you have "the feel", you will become semi-decent in about, let&#39;s say, 10 minutes.

Ask Jonno. [/b][/quote]
    hey nigel....jonno .maybe Gs

6. Lounge   -   #6
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Asking GS, will make you want to give up...he is so good lol

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    I do great solo&#39;s, tight strums, witty chords, etc..............

(vst-host needed)

virtualyogi

8. Lounge   -   #8
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    To become proficient, all it takes is practice. To become a good guitarist, that takes experience (and practice). If you want to just strum a few songs, easy as pie but if you start getting into solos and 24 fret pentatonic runs its going to take a fair bit of work.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by nigel123@31 July 2004 - 07:00
    Asking GS, will make you want to give up...he is so good lol
    Thanks very much

@ckuk.......you not like me no more?

@Slim......It depends how much you want it, like RGX said
    NOT being big headed but when I was in my band my rhythm guitarist had been playing for 20 years and could&#39;nt play lead for shit, I had been playing 4 years and played all the lead work very well so I was told
    I play for fun, when I want to, I guess it took me about 18 months to get from knowing nothing, teaching myself 100% to playing Sweet child and Another Brick etc fairly well

If you want it, you have to work at it, everyone was crap at some point
    Even GS Altho he seems to be the Hendrix of the board (having said that I&#39;ve never heard him play)

Good luck

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #10
    most instruments are solid to learn and the guitar is no exeption but it it is relatively easy to get to busking level quite easilly but any finger pikin ect.... earnt by stupid hours practising guD luk though its all worth it in the end

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast