Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast

Thread: DooM III

Originally posted by exo_body@4 August 2004 - 05:31
    hey, can anyone explain why evreytime i play doom 3 it pauses, then goes white and then an error comes up about ati?i have radeon 9600 series and have the latest drivers, but it plays grand, its only them movie clips that make it stop.

anyone any ideas?
    You'll prob have to turn down the settings.

On another subject, heres what you have to do to play on an cracked online server:

Browse to:
    C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file, and add a line:
    127.0.0.1 idnet.ua-corp.com
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Games   -   #522
    hay can we play this doom 3 baby online once we dload it, if so. How?

3. Games   -   #523
    But is there much of a difference between high and medium settings?

4. Games   -   #524
    Originally posted by V!per@4 August 2004 - 07:28
    hay can we play this doom 3 baby online once we dload it, if so. How?
    You can but only on cracked servers. You wont be able to see any games when you go to the multi-player option, you will need the ip address of the person(s) you want to play with. If you want to still play online heres how:

Do what it says in my last post.
    Start up Doom 3
    Go to MP
    Type in IP address of the person hosting the game
    Wait for it to connect

5. Games   -   #525
    ~~Doom 3 Tweaks~~

Open ; C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\DoomConfig.cfg
    Add ; seta com_showFPS "1" (shows fps at all times)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change seta g_nightmare "0" to seta g_nightmare "1"

Unlocks Nightmare mode

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seta image_downSizeLimit "256"
    seta image_ignoreHighQuality "0"
    seta image_downSizeBumpLimit "256"
    seta image_cacheMegs "100"

Ive heard setting 256 - 1024 increases texture quality

open console:
    timedemo demo1.demo

this will do a benchmark

You can brighten the game up by typing "r_gamma X" in the console, where the X is a # between 0 and 3. 3 Being highest

To open console:
    (US keyboard) Ctrl + Alt + ~
    (EUR keyboard) Ctrl + Alt + ¬

Show FPS:
    com_showfps 1

Cracking multiplayer for clients go to:
    C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file, and add a line:
    127.0.0.1 idnet.ua-corp.com

seta g_showPlayerShadow "0" - player shadows off
    seta g_showPlayerShadow "1" - player shadows on

Third person:
    bind "p" "toggle pm_thirdperson"

-nostartup in the command line will skip the id-logo movie

For example [ "C:\....\Doom 3\doom3.exe" -nostartup ]

To apply changes while still in game type this in console:
    vid_restart

Add Hit Percentage to HUD:
    seta g_showProjectilePct 1

6. Games   -   #526
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i'm doing 1024*768 on high with everything except aa on. doing around 70fps most of the time. goes down to 50 on occasional highly detailed places

7. Games   -   #527
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@4 August 2004 - 21:23
    i'm doing 1024*768 on high with everything except aa on. doing around 70fps most of the time. goes down to 50 on occasional highly detailed places
    How can you get 70 FPS when the game is capped at 60?

8. Games   -   #528
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by RGX+4 August 2004 - 13:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX @ 4 August 2004 - 13:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@4 August 2004 - 21:23
    i&#39;m doing 1024*768 on high with everything except aa on. doing around 70fps most of the time. goes down to 50 on occasional highly detailed places
    How can you get 70 FPS when the game is capped at 60? [/b][/quote]
    ya? is there a way to uncap it or something? i used some tweaks without losing visual/graphical quality. now no matter what i&#39;m up against (even 5 guys) or if i&#39;m in a very detailed place, my fps never drop below 55 fps, and during everything else it&#39;s always 59 and 60 (and i&#39;ve even seen it go as high as 62 but drop quickly back down to 60). anyway i can uncap it from 60 and say, set it to 70 or maybe even 80?

here&#39;s a tweak that really helped:

In your DOOM 3 directory, find "DoomConfig.cfg" (Doom 3&#092;base). Open DoomConfig.cfg in Notepad or Wordpad or watever you use.

Find the line: (use the find function, much much faster)

seta image_cacheMegs "X" (X is either 32 or 20, depends on what machine you have)

I changed mine from 32 to 256. FPS went through the roof&#33; I was gettin 40 max, and now it&#39;s 60 constantly (avg). I upped it to "512" and that&#39;s when i noticed it go to 62 FPS, and i&#39;m sure it can go higher if i knew how to uncap it. replace "32" or "20" to half of your total ram for best results but remember, "experiment" cuz wat works for me might not necesserally work for as good for you. more tweaks to come.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

9. Games   -   #529
    Twist3r
    would doom 3 run nice and smooth on high/med settings on this system?

Athlon XP 2500+
    512 PC-3200 Ram
    9800 Pro

10. Games   -   #530
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    mine read 69. or maybe that wasn&#39;t 69. but i thought i saw 69. but my settings are working very well for me