Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168 ... LastLast

Thread: DooM III

will that ip work on doom but?

2. Games   -   #572
    angel_of_death57
    U all remeber this guy

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.btinternet.com/~ianohare/doom.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Well u will see this demon again and its massive BTW its not in the first Hell stage where u fight that other creature thats blind.

Sorry could not get a full view also if i spoiled anything

Image Resized
    [img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/7075/thebeast.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

3. Games   -   #573
    We just tryed a game, i opend up port 2766, i also got my IP from that site, me and a mate could not conect, is there something im missing? perhaps a program we can conect thrugh, i have the Sever crack same as friend, but... WTF it should be easy but its not, please give me details on how to do this, perhaps MSN or something conect, OR? Instant thought, is there a ~ cmd that shows my In game IP? so i can tell him what it is.

Any ideas, how do u do it?

4. Games   -   #574
    Originally posted by cpt_azad+5 August 2004 - 02:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad @ 5 August 2004 - 02:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by HardcoreGamer@4 August 2004 - 23:17
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@5 August 2004 - 02:52
    Originally posted by HardcoreGamer@4 August 2004 - 22:47
    <!--QuoteBegin-Tormentor
    @5 August 2004 - 02:03
    Shit, the minumum requirements is 384mb of ram and I only have 256. Does this mean I wont even be able to get the game to run?

This says it will. Also this.

ya, u should be able to run it, like i said "experiment" like theres no tomorrow, i ended up getting a 105% FPS gain from that cachemegs tweak and another im currently playing around with. if anyone is interested just PM me and i&#39;ll gladly send the new tweak ur way (btw, the new tweak no allows me to basically keep it at 60-62 fps throughout the game, no matter how many enemies or detail, works like a charm, maybe i can get a job at iD )

I tried your advice but doesn&#39;t work for me. Any Suggestions. :helpsmile:
    like i said, change the vars around until u find the "perfect" setting, but sometimes it doesn&#39;t work as you can see for yourself if you head over to planetdoom forums. the "other tweak" you can try and see for yourself, it sure did do some miracles on my crappy comp:

note note note warning note&#33;&#33; these are Image Settings for 128mb Video Cards note, if you have 64mb card, replace 512 with 256 or a lower number, i&#39;m not sure wat the number is for 64mb cards, but experiment damn u&#33; also note where it says width and height, change to watever u want but make sure it&#39;s "selectable" in doom3 as in dont give random numbers, take "prefixed" ones like 640x480 or 800x600 etc etc

1) open up notepad and copy and paste this into it:

2) (COPY ALL BELOW THIS SENTENCE):

bind * "exec autoexec.cfg"

seta com_showFPS "1"

seta ui_showGun "1"

seta ui_autoReload "0"

seta ui_autoSwitch "1"

seta g_fov "100"

seta image_downSizeLimit "512"
    seta image_ignoreHighQuality "1"
    seta image_downSizeBumpLimit "512"
    seta image_downSizeSpecularLimit "64"
    seta image_downSizeBump "0"
    seta image_downSizeSpecular "1"
    seta image_downSize "1"
    seta image_forceDownSize "1"
    seta image_anisotropy "0"
    seta image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST"

seta r_shadows "0"
    seta r_skipbump "0"
    seta r_skipspecular "1"
    seta r_skipoverlays "0"
    seta r_skipfoglights "0"
    seta r_skippostprocess "1"
    seta r_skipbendlights "0"
    seta r_skipdynamictextures "0"

//u can change this to watever you want, this is my setting
    seta r_customWidth "1024"
    seta r_customHeight "768"

seta pm_runbob "0"
    seta pm_runpitch "0"
    seta pm_runroll "0"
    seta pm_bobpitch "0"
    seta pm_bobroll "0"
    seta pm_bobup "0"
    seta pm_crouchbob "0"
    seta pm_walkbob "0"

3) don&#39;t copy this line or anything below it&#33;&#33;&#33; just the above portion. paste the code into notepad and save it as a cfg (config) file (use the dropdown thingy that says "save as type ". name the file watever u want, i like to call it performace.cfg (don&#39;t forget to add the extension .cfg or it wont work&#33;&#33;

4) run doom3 like normal, start up a level, bring down the console, and then type (note, replace performance with watever u named the cfg file):

exec performace.cfg (then hit enter) by the time u hit enter and if everything goes accordingly, it should say something like execing performance.cfg or something like that to acknowledge the process is underway (u SHOULDN&#39;T get an error, ur looking for a confirmation)

5) now, if you really want to (i recommend it), type vid_restart and hit enter

6) enjoy u lucky bastards, now, whos gonna gimme that cookie hope this helps&#33; [/b][/quote]
    idk wtf any of those things actually do. but my average FPS increased by 10fps and the graphics quality looks better. plus the game is brighter now to. thanks so much for that cfg . i have 1 proble with it tho. why did u turn autoreload off? i had to turn it back on.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

5. Games   -   #575
    Originally posted by V&#33;per@5 August 2004 - 06:47
    We just tryed a game, i opend up port 2766, i also got my IP from that site, me and a mate could not conect, is there something im missing? perhaps a program we can conect thrugh, i have the Sever crack same as friend, but... WTF it should be easy but its not, please give me details on how to do this, perhaps MSN or something conect, OR? Instant thought, is there a ~ cmd that shows my In game IP? so i can tell him what it is.

Any ideas, how do u do it?
    First off its port 27666 and second bot of you need to edit the host file as I said in the last page.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Games   -   #576
    It gets really repetitive after a while, they creatures never do anything new. I give it a 5/10 for gameplay, 20/10 for atmosphere and graphix
    -TiMz

7. Games   -   #577
    Ohh man I can&#39;t wait to try all these&#33; Thanks for all the great info&#33;

8. Games   -   #578
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    if i want to tweak all this, will it cause any problems? should i backup my stuff b4 i do this?

9. Games   -   #579
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@5 August 2004 - 11:10
    if i want to tweak all this, will it cause any problems? should i backup my stuff b4 i do this?
    not really, ur making a cfg file there is nothing to backup, if u don&#39;t like it just move or delete the cfg file. as for the autoreload, i wanted it to be realistic, glad to hear it works for u now gimme my cookie

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

10. Games   -   #580
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by cpt_azad+5 August 2004 - 17:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad @ 5 August 2004 - 17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@5 August 2004 - 11:10
    not really, ur making a cfg file there is nothing to backup, if u don&#39;t like it just move or delete the cfg file. as for the autoreload, i wanted it to be realistic, glad to hear it works for u now gimme my cookie [/b][/quote]

Here you go&#33; Enjoy&#33;