Thread: Cancelling Money Order

this happens on ebay, so I put it here. just wondering if a buyer mail a money order to the seller, the seller recieve the payment but don't want to send the item, can the buyer cancel the money order?
    ban band ban

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    you may could put a stop payment on it with your bank if you purchased it there.
    generally though, money orders/cashiers checks are verified funds.
    If you have trouble with the purchase, you'll probably need the image of the cashed MO, which is why it's always best to buy them from your bank.
    Getting a copy of one issued by the post office or somewhere else can be a PITA

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Originally posted by Sparsely@31 July 2004 - 06:03
    you may could put a stop payment on it with your bank if you purchased it there.
    If you have trouble with the purchase, you'll probably need the image of the cashed MO, which is why it's always best to buy them from your bank.
    great, I bought the money order from my bank, what is cashed MO?

but how can you cancel the money order if the seller has cashed it? can you cancel a payment after the seller send you things?
    ban band ban

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Well you cant cancel once its cashed to late and if its sent its yours. Next time dont buy what you dont want in the first place.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by elitek+31 July 2004 - 07:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elitek @ 31 July 2004 - 07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparsely@31 July 2004 - 06:03
    If you have trouble with the purchase, you&#39;ll probably need the image of the cashed MO, which is why it&#39;s always best to buy them from your bank.

but how can you cancel the money order if the seller has cashed it? can you cancel a payment after the seller send you things? [/b][/quote]
    Cashed MO = Cashed Money Order

Of course you can&#39;t cancel a Money Order after it&#39;s been cashed, that&#39;s not what sparsely was saying.

From your last question it seems like you&#39;re trying to glean information from us in order to rip off a seller on E-bay. If you try to rip me off I&#39;m coming after you with wild dogs and killer bees ... and wild dogs with bees in their mouths
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Originally posted by manker+31 July 2004 - 14:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 31 July 2004 - 14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by elitek@31 July 2004 - 07:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-Sparsely
    @31 July 2004 - 06:03
    If you have trouble with the purchase, you&#39;ll probably need the image of the cashed MO, which is why it&#39;s always best to buy them from your bank.

but how can you cancel the money order if the seller has cashed it? can you cancel a payment after the seller send you things?
    Cashed MO = Cashed Money Order

Of course you can&#39;t cancel a Money Order after it&#39;s been cashed, that&#39;s not what sparsely was saying.

From your last question it seems like you&#39;re trying to glean information from us in order to rip off a seller on E-bay. If you try to rip me off I&#39;m coming after you with wild dogs and killer bees ... and wild dogs with bees in their mouths [/b][/quote]
    lol, no, money is important&#33; so I will not rip off other people. I know there is a way to scam people on ebay but I won&#39;t do it, it&#39;s morally terrible wrong. the fact is now I am being ripped off. I am going file a suit.
    ban band ban

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    If your been ripped off on ebay good luck trying to get them to help you. I have been ripped off and ebay done nothing and they were the ones who cancelled the bitches account for being a crook and let her sell me something to me after so good luck

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Originally posted by The_Hunter@31 July 2004 - 15:00
    If your been ripped off on ebay good luck trying to get them to help you. I have been ripped off and ebay done nothing and they were the ones who cancelled the bitches account for being a crook and let her sell me something to me after so good luck
    thanks, i&#39;ll inform ebay but i won&#39;t get my money back coz the prction fee cover only up to &#036;315 by ebay, I will have to take legal action against the buyer if I want to get my money back.
    ban band ban

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    that&#39;s the only reason i havn&#39;t bought of ebay yet.. i cannot trust sellers knowing all the scams out there. are the majority of people legit sellers?