Thread: Stuttering Picture When Use Using Tmpgenc

Poster
    I have been using tmpgenc to make dvds/svcds of my downloads for ages now, and have always had excellent results mainly. sometimes tho (for example shrek2, old school) certain films seem to stutter form frame to frame all the way through the movie. the picture quality is excellent as always, but have i got something set up wrong that is doing this, as it happens when i make vcd/svcd/dvd?

i have tmpgenc setup exactly as in the pinned guides here, and have all the latest codecs/software/drivers.

if anyone can help, i would appreciate it - maybe this has happened to some of you guys? how did you fix it?

cheers for any help in advance
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    muchspl2
    vfapi settings ?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Cheers muchspl, you are indeed a tmpgenc wizard.

set up exactly as you have shown, but im missing a lot of the components eg &#39; ligos/cyberlink/microsoft mpeg-2 decoder&#39;s. can you download these plug-ins seperately, or do they come with the latest version of tmpgenc? (i cant say ive updating tmpgenc version for ages)?

cheers for the help so far mind pal
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    muchspl2
    don&#39;t worry about those, just the one you have

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    well yeah, if you ignore the ones i dont have, then setup exactly as shown. i cant understand why its doing it either. sometimes its fine (butterfly effect worked perfect), and other times it produces &#39;skippy/jumpy&#39; results (eg shrek2)

its not that annoying - but enough to want to try and fix it.

cheers anyway much - ill try some google-ing

take it easy

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    muchspl2
    well if that didn&#39;t fix it, it could be your converting pal to ntsc or vise versa ntsc to pal
    I think that causes jittery picture because of the framrate
    check the frame rate in g-spot and see if thats it

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by newcombe6@31 July 2004 - 14:11
    I have been using tmpgenc to make dvds/svcds of my downloads for ages now, and have always had excellent results mainly. sometimes tho (for example shrek2, old school) certain films seem to stutter form frame to frame all the way through the movie. the picture quality is excellent as always, but have i got something set up wrong that is doing this, as it happens when i make vcd/svcd/dvd?

i have tmpgenc setup exactly as in the pinned guides here, and have all the latest codecs/software/drivers.

if anyone can help, i would appreciate it - maybe this has happened to some of you guys? how did you fix it?

cheers for any help in advance
    Do they stutter on the PC or DVD Player?

If on the PC, are they of a particular codec?
    Robert00000

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    it could be the ntsc/pal framerate problem - but i tend to encode everytthing to ntsc because the majority of screeners/dvdrip are in ntsc avi form anyway - i will check though - that may expalin why its fien sometimes and jittery on others

cheers very much for the help lads

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    Just wanted to say cheers to muchspl/robert00000

encoding to pal certainly worked for shrek2, i wrongly assumed that the dvd-rip i had was ntsc (it was infact pal). doing a pal encode produces brilliant results

cheers very much fella&#39;s

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    also just confuse things there are two different NTSC formats

NTSCfilm 23.976fps - most ntsc avi movies are encoded as this

NTSC 29.97fps - DVD and TV standard

with PAL everything is 25fps - so no problem there

so the bottom line is, even if you encode an NTSC avi to a NTSC DVD, you are still going to get that slightly jerky effect