Thread: Yellow Face In Azureus

Poster
    Hey Guys,

I have disabled the Xp firewall. And I already configured my router to allow port forwarding. What else can I do to fix this problem? Do you need to configure Sygate a certain way as well?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    just allow it full access and should be fine,

how long have u left it running to see if it connected to any peers?
    any other torrents tried?
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    vampiro's Avatar Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    most of the time it will connect coz i have this problrm and found that it will conect to seeders after a while so just wait n see

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    I am allowed to connect to seeders but the face is still yellow. Is it ok then?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    vampiro's Avatar Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    yep after a while it will turn green

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    no, it doesn&#39;t mean its ok, if the face stays yellow it means that something is blocking remote computers from initiating transfers from you.
    If Seagate is configured to give the program access then it should be ok. Change the port your client runs on to something like 12000 (and remember to forward that port from your router) because some ISP&#39;s and trackers block the default 6881 - 6889. If that doesn&#39;t work try fiddling with some of your router&#39;s security settings, i had to disable "block anonymous requests" or something like that on my router.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Ok...I changed my port to 49152 and disabled Block Anonymous Internet requests as well. Hopefully it will work but no green smilies or seeds as of yet. Is there a way to test the ports other than waiting to see if they will work?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Sweet&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I just read over some stuff at the Linksys site that talked about setting a static IP. I did that and I finally got a GREEN smiley. Thanks for all your help.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    Could you be so nice as yo relay that information for me. because i have the exact same problem.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    Here you go: Static IP
    Port Forwarding