Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling For Columbine

Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I thought it was about half cheers, half boos. But you know at an event like the Oscars a speech like that might not go down too well - probably a lot of people friendly with Bush at that event.

But yeah, recommended to all - this is a great film/documentary.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Originally posted by hellraiser@24 March 2003 - 17:37
    Did you see how he was bood of stage last night at the Oscars?
    As he should of been.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Well a lot of the acters have taken a stand against the war, and the ppl who booed prolly was some stupide rich folks anyway. Wtf would they know about how the innocent ppl in iraq are feeling just about now.
    I must admit I`ve been really anti-american lately, but Moore shows that there actually are sencible people over there as well

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Ok folks, lets get back on topic. The link provided earlier, can&#39;t remember by who, to Forbes.com, is all bullshit. One must take into account the sources, in this case, an entertainment magazine, where there are no sources referenced. I could make a webpage about the president being gay, but that still doesn&#39;t make it a fact. There are always critics willing to point out his mistakes, but no one rewards his accuracy in other areas.

I really enjoyed this film, and I&#39;m a big fan of Michael Moore, but the stunt he pulled at the Oscars was uncalled for. I&#39;m really tired of people in hollywood using their time on stage as some sort of soapbox. The Oscar stage is not there for political gain, but instead should be used as a tool for exploring the winners, their thought process, etc...
    Proud member of MDS

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Originally posted by Jibbler@25 March 2003 - 01:36
    Ok folks, lets get back on topic. The link provided earlier, can&#39;t remember by who, to Forbes.com, is all bullshit. One must take into account the sources, in this case, an entertainment magazine, where there are no sources referenced. I could make a webpage about the president being gay, but that still doesn&#39;t make it a fact. There are always critics willing to point out his mistakes, but no one rewards his accuracy in other areas.

I really enjoyed this film, and I&#39;m a big fan of Michael Moore, but the stunt he pulled at the Oscars was uncalled for. I&#39;m really tired of people in hollywood using their time on stage as some sort of soapbox. The Oscar stage is not there for political gain, but instead should be used as a tool for exploring the winners, their thought process, etc...
    People choose to believe what they want to, even if it&#39;s right in front of their eyes. If you would have bothered reading the second link I provided you would realize it had MANY links to prove the points stated. I admit the movie was entertaining, but to say it&#39;s fact and Michael Moore is revealing truths is bullshit.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    Originally posted by Cranky@24 March 2003 - 20:10
    People choose to believe what they want to, even if it&#39;s right in front of their eyes. If you would have bothered reading the second link I provided you would realize it had MANY links to prove the points stated. I admit the movie was entertaining, but to say it&#39;s fact and Michael Moore is revealing truths is bullshit.
    Granted, like you say, people have the right to choose their own opinion, but I believe these articles were written because of last night (the oscars) in order to discredit him. They dont want him to have validity.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Moore should move to Iraq so he can support the scum that run the country. I now will NEVER watch that movie or spend a dime on any movie he has anything to do with. How soon we forget ..... WWII, Hitler and more recently 9/1/01.

Go KevT&#33;

DigiCowboy

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Originally posted by Infested Cats+25 March 2003 - 02:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Infested Cats @ 25 March 2003 - 02:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Cranky@24 March 2003 - 20:10
    People choose to believe what they want to, even if it&#39;s right in front of their eyes.&nbsp; If you would have bothered reading the second link I provided you would realize it had MANY links to prove the points stated.&nbsp; I admit the movie was entertaining, but to say it&#39;s fact and Michael Moore is revealing truths is bullshit.
    Granted, like you say, people have the right to choose their own opinion, but I believe these articles were written because of last night (the oscars) in order to discredit him. They dont want him to have validity. [/b][/quote]
    Both of those articles were written months ago. What he did last night just reaffirms, with me anyway, what an idiot he really is.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    Originally posted by Cranky@24 March 2003 - 20:43
    Both of those articles were written months ago. What he did last night just reaffirms, with me anyway, what an idiot he really is.
    How could http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html be months old, if it mentions the latest developments (the oscars).
    These articles just support a fanbase of "Anti-Moore."

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Originally posted by Infested Cats+25 March 2003 - 02:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Infested Cats @ 25 March 2003 - 02:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Cranky@24 March 2003 - 20:43
    Both of those articles were written months ago.&nbsp; What he did last night just reaffirms, with me anyway, what an idiot he really is.&nbsp;
    How could http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html be months old, if it mentions the latest developments (the oscars).
    These articles just support a fanbase of "Anti-Moore." [/b][/quote]
    Didn&#39;t realize he updated it. But I&#39;ve had that link for months now. Heck I posted it before the Oscars. The content is the same other than the Oscar commentary.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast