Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Virtual Memory

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Have u installed SerivePack 1 For winXp, i had same problem till i installed Sp1

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by shn+2 August 2004 - 04:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 2 August 2004 - 04:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by manker@1 August 2004 - 17:41
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@2 August 2004 - 00:35
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker
    @1 August 2004 - 21:41
    Another idea is not to use your AOL soft, there is no need to use the AOL software to connect to the internet if you don&#39;t want to.

If you choose to bypass it then open the control panel of your modem software, click connect and enter in your AOL username and password to the dialogue box which pops up and click enter.

At least it will solve it hogging your resources. If you do this and need to get your AOL email then go to their website and log in, there is a webmail service too.

You can&#39;t normally do that with AOL although they were apparently considering a change of policy with an update to v9.0. Has the change now been made?

I read it on a forum almost a year ago so as far as I&#39;m aware it&#39;s always been possible. Certainly my neices were using AOL 7 with a BT voyager 100 modem on an old PC, I showed them how to do it so they had one less application running and it worked fine.

If you&#39;re bypassing the Soft why would it matter what version you had?

Edit: btw your custom title is out of date by 5 posts
    It&#39;s never been possible until the recent beta that they came out with. The closest you could get before was to use PENG software on Linux or try and connect with a slip connection and with the slip you could only get like 33k and it failed to resolve host names uisng that type.

If you say you were doing it on anything before the 9 or 10 beta then you are fabricating or apparently confused. because it&#39;s simply not been possible. [/b][/quote]
    Shn. I don&#39;t fabricate and if I&#39;m confused I tend not to post about the subject at all. It&#39;s common sense, call it a gift if you like.

Here is a Source to prove you wrong, again. Note he is using AOL 8 -- it took me all of 5 seconds to google.

Try a bit of research before calling someone a liar.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123