Thread: Usb 2.0

Poster
    Ok i have windows XP, with SP 1 installed, however it didnt install the drivers.... I know that my Mobo supports it because there are drivers for it on the Mobo CD, but htey wont install if SP1 is installed... how can i uninstall SP1 to instal them from the drivers or how can I get them installed

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    windows XP, with SP 1 installed aready supports USB 2.0...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    yeah i no, it doesnt work though lol even though my mobo has that capability

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by Champ@1 August 2004 - 03:12
    yeah i no, it doesnt work though lol even though my mobo has that capability
    What doesn't work and how do you know? How do you know USB v1.1 is in use and not v2.0?
    Have you checked to see if v2.0 is switched on in the BIOS?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I know that my Mobo supports it because there are drivers for it on the Mobo CD
    Just because the driver cd has usb 2 drivers on it doesn't mean that the mobo does.
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    ok it is on 1.1 because thats what the transfer is to my Mp3

also it says on the mobo box USB 2.0 and the manual

ill chekc bios soon

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    To find out if you have usb 2.0, go to device manager and under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, it should say something like "Enhanced usb host controller" if it doesn't have the enhanced then you just have usb 1.1 installed.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Try to visit the website of manufacture and see whether they have updates of the drivers. What are the specification of your motherboard. Give us more details so we can have all sort of ideas what is going on.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by hoplex+2 August 2004 - 16:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hoplex @ 2 August 2004 - 16:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Try to visit the website of manufacture and see whether they have updates of the drivers... [/b]

Try and keep up, hoplex&#33;<!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001
    @1 August 2004 - 01:00
    windows XP, with SP 1 installed aready supports USB 2.0...[/quote]

Looks like Champ is guessing that USB2 isn&#39;t installed merely because a USBv1.1 device is working properly on it.
    USBv2 ports are backwardly compatible with v1.1 so that mp3 thing will work fine on a v2 port.
    Just to make sure, do what spirex suggested and if it&#39;s not listed as &#39;enhanced&#39;, go into your BIOS and enable it.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008