Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone From Egypt

KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    Can you please confirm if this is true? If it is, can you please hook me up with a link to a news section of it.

A Muslim man in Egypt killed his wife and buried her with their infant baby and 8-year old daughter. The girls were buried alive! He reported to the police that an uncle killed the kids. 15 days later, another family member died. When they went to bury him, they found the 2 girls under the sand - alive! The girl was asked how she had survived. "A man wearing shiny white clothes, with bleeding wounds in his hands, came every day to feed us. He woke up my mom so she could nurse my sister." She was interviewed on Egyptian national TV, by a veiled Muslim woman news anchor. She said on public TV, "This was none other but Jesus, because nobody else does things like this!" Muslims believe Isa would do this, but the wounds mean He really was crucified, and it's clear also that He is alive! The country is outraged over the incident, and the man will be executed. But it's also clear that the a child could not make up a story like this, and there is no way these children could have survived without a true miracle. Muslim leaders are going to have a hard time to figure out what to do with this, and the popularity of the Passion movie doesn't help! With Egypt at the center of the media and education in the Middle East, you can be sure this story will spread.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Originally posted by KazaaBoy@31 July 2004 - 17:58
    Can you please confirm if this is true? If it is, can you please hook me up with a link to a news section of it.

A Muslim man in Egypt killed his wife and buried her with their infant baby and 8-year old daughter. The girls were buried alive! He reported to the police that an uncle killed the kids. 15 days later, another family member died. When they went to bury him, they found the 2 girls under the sand - alive! The girl was asked how she had survived. "A man wearing shiny white clothes, with bleeding wounds in his hands, came every day to feed us. He woke up my mom so she could nurse my sister." She was interviewed on Egyptian national TV, by a veiled Muslim woman news anchor. She said on public TV, "This was none other but Jesus, because nobody else does things like this!" Muslims believe Isa would do this, but the wounds mean He really was crucified, and it's clear also that He is alive! The country is outraged over the incident, and the man will be executed. But it's also clear that the a child could not make up a story like this, and there is no way these children could have survived without a true miracle. Muslim leaders are going to have a hard time to figure out what to do with this, and the popularity of the Passion movie doesn't help! With Egypt at the center of the media and education in the Middle East, you can be sure this story will spread.
    i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it isn't true. you won't find it on any "real" news site 'cause it didn't actually happen. it's a hoax. you will never know the name of the person brought back from the dead, or the children, or of any professional journalist who committed a description of the incident to print or video.

http://www.jesus.org.uk/dawn/2004/dawn25.html#Egypt

if you really have a burning desire to get to the bottom of it, your first stop should be to ask Victor and Deborah Khalil of Ministries International in Poway, California to provide you with documentation of their sources, since they're the names credited with putting the story into internet circulation. but i doubt you'll get anything because it's prolly just a story they cooked up for their ministry's anti-Islam mission, akin to a TV preacher reading letters on the air from "John Doe" viewers who were suddenly cured of cancer while watching the preacher's show.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I have to agree with 3RA1N1AC,

If this had been on a serious Egyption TV news program, it would be all over the place within hours.

The fact that it isnt, gives doubt to the claim.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    not really. The government is muslim so they would want to keep it under wraps.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    i'm sure i'm skeptical of the story just because i'm not a religious person. but if i were, i might still like to see some proper names, faces, and sources before i take a story of modern miracle at face value... as KazaaBoy apparently does too, since he asked for help in verifying it.

so... yeah, try writing to that ministry and see if they can offer anything more than a vague anecdote.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    muchspl2
    FAKE!

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by KazaaBoy@1 August 2004 - 11:34
    not really. The government is muslim so they would want to keep it under wraps.
    The Muslims accept Jesus Christ as a prophet...

If it was on TV, they couldnt "Keep it under wraps" even if they wanted too... it would be out there.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+1 August 2004 - 11:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 1 August 2004 - 11:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KazaaBoy@1 August 2004 - 11:34
    not really.&nbsp; The government is muslim so they would want to keep it under wraps.
    The Muslims accept Jesus Christ as a prophet...

If it was on TV, they couldnt "Keep it under wraps" even if they wanted too... it would be out there. [/b][/quote]
    This is the case.

Jesus is revered as a Prophet and as I recall they do not believe he died but rather was taken to heaven by God. (Obviously a major theological departure point if these things matter to you) Consequently he is available as a Prophet of God to perform miracles on God&#39;s behalf. If this story is true (big if I know) then it would not cause any problems for the Islamic religious leaders. (Let&#39;s face it not much does cause a big problem in the long term - just about anything can be adapted and adopted by almost any religion)

The Passion film has been encouraged by these same leaders precisely because it casts the Jews as the executors of Jesus whereas they revere him.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@1 August 2004 - 11:47
    If it was on TV, they couldnt "Keep it under wraps" even if they wanted too... it would be out there.
    They can as they wouldn&#39;t want it to go international.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Just to be pointlessly practical, she stated that he fed her. Food is actually the last thing she needs to worry about.

She would have suffocated long, long, long before starvation would have been an issue.

Some water would also have been nice.

If I were an enterprising rescuer, I would have collected her poop and sold it on the interweb as divine poop from devine food.

I wonder what Jesus was bringing her? Was he old school fish and bread or did update the menu and give her mac and cheese.

Maybe he fed her shrimp gumbo, then BAM&#33; kicked it up a notch with some "essence".
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast