Thread: Overnet Won't Connect!

I've forwarded all the right ports, turned off most of my firewalls, and I even installed different versions of Overnet. But, I just can't seem to get the button on the left turn green or the program to connect. What can I do to fix this?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

Why do you have different versions installed that might cause more problems then it solves so uninstall all versions so that you have a clean system and then reinstall the latest one.

But first before doing that make sure that it really cant connect. You have to be patient with Overnet it can take a couple of minutes before it is connected!.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Joakim Agren@1 August 2004 - 02:51
    Hello!

Why do you have different versions installed that might cause more problems then it solves so uninstall all versions so that you have a clean system and then reinstall the latest one.

But first before doing that make sure that it really cant connect. You have to be patient with Overnet it can take a couple of minutes before it is connected!.
    i had different version, but not at the same time. when one version didn't work i completely erased it and tried a different version. that didnt work

i kept the thing on since 3PM (Pacific Time) its now 8PM and it still hasnt connected

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by ninjax680+31 July 2004 - 22:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ninjax680 @ 31 July 2004 - 22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Joakim Agren@1 August 2004 - 02:51
    Hello&#33;

But first before doing that make sure that it really cant connect. You have to be patient with Overnet it can take a couple of minutes before it is connected&#33;.
    i had different version, but not at the same time. when one version didn&#39;t work i completely erased it and tried a different version. that didnt work

i kept the thing on since 3PM (Pacific Time) its now 8PM and it still hasnt connected [/b][/quote]
    Tmpj&#39;s version of "Overnet Lite v.53" has been doing this for me lately as well. I had to swith to Overnet v53a to see any sort of connection at all. Even then the number of connections I am able to make at any given time is no more than 10-12 with the average being 5.

Able to connect with it however downloads are slow as hell.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    did you try getting a fresh contact.dat file?
    PM me if you need one

6. File Sharing   -   #6

Urgent

Have been fighting with Overnet since yesterday, it just will not connect. We are getting grey hair over this, it just does not want to connect.
    Any solutions for this, please

[email protected]