Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-virus

Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    Hey, as a NAV user, i must admit that it does take a lot of resources and it has a very few defintions compared to other programs. I was wondering which one would be better for me, Nod32, Kaspersky or AVG. I found out that Nod32 has no automatic updates which is shit. The rest sound good. So i was wondering which program is better? Also is it easy to find cracks for all those programs? Thanks

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    You can get the nod stand-alone scanner off here every time there&#39;s a new version.

It&#39;s only the scanner so it isn&#39;t actively protecting you all the time, but it&#39;s a good complement to another av.

I suppose Kaspersky is the best one of the avs you listed otherwise judging by recent posts. IMO avg really needs you to use another firm&#39;s online scan now and then or the nod stand-alone one, since avg does have a tendency to miss the occasional virus.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Erm, excuse me, but NOD 32 has automatic update:
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img33.exs.cx/img33/3446/nod.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    It takes a little time setting up, is all.

And it&#39;s the only antivirus which can scan my entire system in about 5 minutes without crippling it completely.

There&#39;s a working crack for it @ suprnova (when suprnova works of course&#33; )

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Out of The Ordinary
    Go for Kaspersky

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    KAV5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    NOD32

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    While I like NAV on faster machines , I need something for my friends older puter. While I&#39;m downloading Kav 5 to try, seems to be a few posts on problems with Kav. Mabye just a coincedence?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by danyj@1 August 2004 - 19:16
    Hey, as a NAV user, i must admit that it does take a lot of resources and it has a very few defintions compared to other programs. I was wondering which one would be better for me, Nod32, Kaspersky or AVG. I found out that Nod32 has no automatic updates which is shit. The rest sound good. So i was wondering which program is better? Also is it easy to find cracks for all those programs? Thanks
    since u crossed out NOD32, i&#39;m gonna help u crossed out AVG
    that thing is bad, one fella in this forum uses it yet he can get hit by viruses...and he&#39;s not alone

so kaspersky, i guess

or

symantec antivirus corporation...this one is for corporate (but normal home users can use it just as easily), which is why it takes up less resources (much less)

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by gildan2020@1 August 2004 - 19:39
    ...symantec antivirus corporation...this one is for corporate (but normal home users can use it just as easily), which is why it takes up less resources (much less)...
    That&#39;s not strictly accurate.

Get KAV for just virus protection. If you want anti-virus combined with a firewall, get Symantec Client Security.
    Even better, if you know what you&#39;re doing and are the only user on your computer, get Tiny v6 and forget antivirus programs altogether
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+2 August 2004 - 04:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK &#064; 2 August 2004 - 04:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gildan2020@1 August 2004 - 19:39
    ...symantec antivirus corporation...this one is for corporate (but normal home users can use it just as easily), which is why it takes up less resources (much less)...
    That&#39;s not strictly accurate.

Get KAV for just virus protection. If you want anti-virus combined with a firewall, get Symantec Client Security.
    Even better, if you know what you&#39;re doing and are the only user on your computer, get Tiny v6 and forget antivirus programs altogether [/b][/quote]
    strictly??? now that&#39;s a controversial word

perhaps u could provide a better version

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast