Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Playing Downloaded Music

i have been dowloading the song what a wonderful world by tony bennett and kd lang and it downloads but it will not play the song.. i have dowloaded it over fifteen times from different sources but it will not play a single one..
    what is wrong?? i download other songs and they play fine.. please help...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Hi chrissy

I checked out the song You mentioned. Those files are fake songs. It's a part of the ongoing fight between the big actors in the music industri and the people in the filesharing "community". The music industry are trying to put out lot's of fake files to disturb the filesharing networks. The music industry usually target song that are popular at the moment, to get the must disturbing effect on downloader's.

/Hammond

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    thank you Hammond for your help.. i hope someday i will be able to download and listen to that song... B)

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Originally posted by chrissy@2 August 2004 - 05:05
    thank you Hammond for your help.. i hope someday i will be able to download and listen to that song... B)
    That "some day" is closer than you think B)

SoulSeek [Teh Guide]

hmm...asspie

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Chrissy,

For fun I just checked for that song for you too on eMule, as well as kazaa, and to my surprise of the 21 songs of it I downloaded all of them were fake files of it - so for fun I just installed the very small, simple, easy to use program talked about here in this forum called Ares (even nsane has it for download on his website too) ...but within minutes I had not only your song but quite a few others I've been waiting for too.

This Ares is a keeper for me now - hey, I love Kazaa, and eMule, but this Ares is like a breath of fresh air to use and actually be able to quicly get the music file you want......

Get the Lite version, (when installing Be Sure to uncheck the navhelp option:
    hxxp://www.areslite.com/index.html

I can even send you the song if you pm me your addy

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    :music1: thank you.. do i have to first uninstall kazaa to get this program.. i am not very computer savy.. thank you zepher...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by chrissy@2 August 2004 - 20:34
    :music1: thank you.. do i have to first uninstall kazaa to get this program.. i am not very computer savy.. thank you zepher...
    No Chrissy you don't have to uninstall Kazaa first.

This AresLite program has a very very small footprint, and it's very very very very very very very very very very simple to use.

I have had it running all day now downloading songs and stuff, and it does not interfere with Kazaa or eMmule or anything else.

(again please be sure when installing to just 'uncheck' the box for NavHelper so it does not install)

(again I can send you the song anyway if you want, but i think you will want this Ares program for it's simplicity and ease of use to get other songs from now on)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    thank you zepher for the info.. i did download Areslite and am downloading songs now.. i like this program.. kazaalite was always disconnecting for some reason also.. i have Kazaa turned off for now. i dont think i need both programs. appreciate your help zepher.... chrissy

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    you're welcome chrissy. i thought you would like it becasue it's so simple & effective for you to use for what you want.

Kazaa is still good for some things but i seem to be using it less and less myself even and it seems to have less and less of things... sometimes i'm surprised for the good though.

Ares seems to be very very good for songs without fakes

eMule of course and/or the network it uses has the most incrediable variety of new/old softwares and all kinds of files that i've ever seen - it is mOst excelent for that, but be prepared to take days for big files.

..between using kazaa, emule, ares - i don't think there is any file in the world you can't get.

i hope you got your kd lang & tony bennit song - i kinda liked it

zeph

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Thanks again Zepher!!! I download What a Wonderful World an alot of other songs i could not get otherwise.... Appreciate your assistance!! B)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast