Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motherboards

just got a pc n think i may have been skanked on ma mother board they offered me a gigabyte GA-8SR533 but have sent me a jetway/motherboard P4XFBU i dont yet know the diffrences that would happen if i have but i do know i cant finf this particular 1 for sale in any adverts!

is it an easy job to replace your m/b should i upgrade? i got a p4 2.0 40g ge force mx440

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    You're going to have to do the research yourself and see if it's worth getting upset over.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Tell them you want the motherboard you were supposed to get and get it back to them right away. They should supply you with what they said they would. The Motherboard is an important part of a PC. it sounds like they have given you a budget(cheap) motherboard.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Yeah man! Get the Gygabyte. That is what I have. I use a Pentium4 2.0gHz. w/533mhz and DDR memory. Onboard audio is superior.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I have heard about a lot of motherboards but I have never heard of Jetway.

If it was specified that you would get a Gigabyte board that's what you should get.
    Go back to the place you bought it from and have them replace it.

Just think about it. Try to get online support or a BIOS update later on. What a nightmare.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    hmm so the general outcome is..............???

ive had the pc for about 4/5 weeks now and it seems like an awful lot of hassle to send the whole tower back and be without computer for???

suggestions gratefully recd!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by basics@30 March 2003 - 13:08
    hmm so the general outcome is..............???

ive had the pc for about 4/5 weeks now and it seems like an awful lot of hassle to send the whole tower back and be without computer for???

suggestions gratefully recd!
    As Nobody said,Just think about it.Updating your bios could prove to be a tough task in the future.If its a major hassle sending the tower back, well that's up to you, isn't it? Personally if I'd found the component received wasn't what I'd ordered, I'd be giving the retailer major hassle in person! You should be compensated for the inconvenience of getting yur mobo replaced with the correct one.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    YEAH BUT WONT THEY ALSO BE ABLE TO SEE WHAT IVE BEEN DOWNLOADING? IF U GET ME

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by basics@30 March 2003 - 19:03
    YEAH BUT WONT THEY ALSO BE ABLE TO SEE WHAT IVE BEEN DOWNLOADING? IF U GET ME
    Oh...back it all up if you havent already...you know backing files up onto cdr makes sense!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    that aint gonna wipe ma hard drive though is it??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast