Thread: Youve Got Mail!

Is there any other email service besides AOL that has the automatic voice that says Youve Got Mail whenever you recieve an email? I remember not too long ago that I was watchin a TV show (I think it was CSI or Law And Order) and while someone was on a computer checking their email, and you heard the "you've got mail" in the background.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    I hate that movie
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    You know you can change that. Make it say something like "Check your mail B****!!!"
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@1 August 2004 - 21:40
    You know you can change that. Make it say something like "Check your mail B****!!!"
    HOW, i mean its probably easy, with one of those progs that read out what you type. What would be a good one that can be saved to .wav?? So when someone logs into my windows acount it can be like, get the fuck off my account.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Originally posted by Tormentor+1 August 2004 - 20:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tormentor @ 1 August 2004 - 20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@1 August 2004 - 21:40
    You know you can change that. Make it say something like "Check your mail B****&#33;&#33;&#33;"
    HOW, i mean its probably easy, with one of those progs that read out what you type. What would be a good one that can be saved to .wav?? So when someone logs into my windows acount it can be like, get the fuck off my account. [/b][/quote]

Nah you cant do that. I think its for aol and other like Incredimail. You record what you want to say then save the file in place of the "You&#39;ve got mail" file in the aol folder.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by dOomed@1 August 2004 - 19:58
    I remember not too long ago that I was watchin a TV show (I think it was CSI or Law And Order) and while someone was on a computer checking their email, and you heard the "you&#39;ve got mail" in the background.
    Maybe they just added that without the computer actually saying it?

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°

almost any email program has options to change the new mail notification sound.
    download the "you&#39;ve got mail" .wav file from somewhere...just Google for it.

blah...here

easiest/generic way is to go to Windows > Control Panel > Sounds ( & Audio Devices) > Sounds tab

scroll down the list and find New Mail Notification. Click the Browse button and go to wherever you save that .wav.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Sparsely, ur the man&#33; Thanks a ton.