Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supernode Issues

Keikan's Avatar ........
    I can't find a supernode that has more than 2 mil people, does anyone know one?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Exact same problem for me, im getting sub 100 000 users

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hi friends

To find out what supernodes that, at a given time, carry most users, You can do like this:

1) Let Auto Search More run with No limit, regarding time. When the user count pops up to a higher number, just check (with Tools/KaZuperNodes) what the actual Super node is. Then You can save this in the Favorite list, within the KaZuperNodes application (Add to Favourites)).

or

2) Do File/Jump SuperNode until You get a higher user number. Then check with Tools/KaZuperNodes and proceed as in point 1) above if You would like to save that supernode for further use.

PS. I know that there is a debate going on since some time regarding this fluctuating user number issue. I havn't been able though too see that it affects the search results in a negative way, if Auto Search More is left running with No limit.

(I'm running Kazaa Lite 2.43)

/Hammond

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thank you for that we have been having issues ever since we swoped to the pinned list of super nodes.

One problem though, I think I didn't allow any of the extra tools to be installed with K-lite originally how would I go about getting KaZuperNodes?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    ya, I'm having problems here, too. I keep jumping supernodes and I almost never find one with the normal 2mil+ users. I go into Kazupernodes and pick a supernode at random and it usually works, but in about 2 minutes, I'm kicked right back to the 90,000 users

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I've tried collecting "good" supernodes with Kazupernodes, but they don't keep steady numbers of users either

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by Keikan@2 August 2004 - 02:23
    I can't find a supernode that has more than 2 mil people, does anyone know one?
    thats because there is no supernode with 2 million users
    the problem isn't in the supernodes we connect to, the problem is the supernodes that they connect to.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    isamma's Avatar THE OLDEST USER
    Originally posted by Vargas+3 August 2004 - 10:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vargas @ 3 August 2004 - 10:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@2 August 2004 - 02:23
    I can&#39;t find a supernode that has more than 2 mil people, does anyone know one?
    thats because there is no supernode with 2 million users
    the problem isn&#39;t in the supernodes we connect to, the problem is the supernodes that they connect to. [/b][/quote]
    see this or this for more info
    THE BEST WAY TO LIVE IS TO LIVE FREE
    *** FREE PALESTINE ***
    http://www.alhares.org/

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    you have your theory, i have mine. i base mine on these facts:

i run an open source client (kceasy) in debug mode and today i was connected to a klite243 (v2.0.2 base) supernode (i could tell because it identified it&#39;s network name as k-lite.tk instead of the standard KaZaA) and the usernumbers it send me were in the 2 million amount.
    later when i was connected to another supernode the usernumbers it sent me went from the 60,000-90,000 range for a about a ½ hour, then it jumped to the 2.5 million range for a while, then it went back to the 60,000-90,000 range all without changing supernodes

i think it is caused by sharman updating/upgrading, or having problems with, the supernodes that handle the total user numbers. and when your supernode cant connect to those supernodes. it will show the users on your current supernode and all inter connected supernodes to that one.

and my kazaa lite v1.7.2 still connects to the 2 million plus userbase.

i don&#39;t think it&#39;s as much a seprate network, but more like a island in the network.
    it used to happen alot back when kazaa was in beta, and had less then 30,000 users.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    isamma's Avatar THE OLDEST USER
    i think we can agree that it is caused by sharman new supernods .. and any client other than kmd2.6.4 or kmd2.7 don&#39;t have access to these supernods???
    i don&#39;t really know how but i think that is the reason
    THE BEST WAY TO LIVE IS TO LIVE FREE
    *** FREE PALESTINE ***
    http://www.alhares.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast