Thread: Anyone Help With A Camcorder?

Poster
    i have a Sony DCR-HC40 MiniDV
    the software that came with it is a joke
    i have tired both muvee and powerdirector 3 and neither of them actually see the camcorder, i dont understand it, on the lcd it says connected usb but i get nothing from the applications - im connecting usb 2.0

can anyone help? im new to all this
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    plug it in to your comp, then reboot....... if you have XP, it should recognize there being new hardware, if you dont have XP, you shoulda told us

btw, this seems to me like it really is a software problem,not a hardware one
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Sony site has USB driver updates, perhaps that is what you need.

MiniDV Handycam Camcorder
    http://ciscdb.sel.sony.com/cgi-bin/swu-ind...ndycamCamcorder
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    the computer can see the camcorder and i have actually been able to get files from it to my computer - images, but i cant caputre any video with the apps i&#39;ve used
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    The software you listed above, it that the factory software or alternate software you are trying?

Sony® Click To DVD™ Software seems to be mentioned on the Sony site, could that be what you need?

http://www.vaio.net/models/desktops/rz/dig...ife/movies.html
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    i think its all down to the need for fire wire card or "ilink" as sony call it, get stuff, think i might just record to tape via my tv and vcr
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    The best &#39;user friendly&#39; software to use is Pinnacle, it&#39;s the simplest program to use for importing video, you will want a firewire card in the long run for rapid video import.

You&#39;ll also require approximately 10gb of HD space for every hour of DV you import, then of course you can convert it to any format you want.

Firewire = cheap + fast
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD