Thread: Cd Ripper/renamer For Mixed Cds?

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Most of my friends let me borrow their mixed cds, and I like to rip them to my vast library of music, but WinAmp can't find the artist and title of the songs because it's a mixed cd. And since I don't know the artist of title of the song, it'll be kinda hard for me to rename the songs. So is there a ripper that can rename and encode my mixed cds?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Anyone?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    ]open the mp3's that you rip in a tag editor that connects to a database (such as FreeDB), like Mp3Tag.

It will try to match the song with a title/artist in the db based on length & stuff.
    Warning: you'll probably find loads of results, so this may be a pain in the ass, or just terribly inefficient.
    I don't really know of any better way to do it though.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Exact Audio Copy and Audiograbber will both do what you want. Audiograbber is a little easier to setup but EAC is prolly the most highly regarded ripper for audio CDs.
    Download the latest version of LAME and extract the dll to the program folder of either program and they'll make use of that as well so you can rip to the best quality.
    They're all freeware, too.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008