Thread: File Sharing On Dialup

michigannissan
    ok hes my problem i'm getting sick of Kazaa now my kazaa Lite will not even connect and the regular Kazaa is so loaded with spyware i dont want it i tried imesh and there predjudice against those of us who are forced to remain on dialup i have no choice in the matter there is no cable where i live so does anyone have any suggestions on what i might do i have tried Shareza and i cant get anything to download please give me some help here i mean all i can download really is music but i'm still entitled to do that

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    i thought bittorrent was very good when i was on dial-up.. just stay away from the big files

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Entitled eh? thats a new one

I suppose the best solution to your problem would be to find out what newsgroups your ISP offers. At least there you wont get anyone bitching about your upload speed. If not then I suppose the next best, for you, would be Bit-Torrent, there are lots of albums on Suprnova.org. Lastly give emule a whirl but I'm not sure how compatible that is with dial up.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Originally posted by michigannissan@2 August 2004 - 19:37
    ok hes my problem i'm getting sick of Kazaa now my kazaa Lite will not even connect and the regular Kazaa is so loaded with spyware i dont want it i tried imesh and there predjudice against those of us who are forced to remain on dialup i have no choice in the matter there is no cable where i live so does anyone have any suggestions on what i might do i have tried Shareza and i cant get anything to download please give me some help here i mean all i can download really is music but i'm still entitled to do that

hmm...asspie

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    _
    Originally posted by TheRealDave@2 August 2004 - 18:50
    i thought bittorrent was very good when i was on dial-up.. just stay away from the big files
    BitTorrent sucked when I was on dial-up.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I had no problems with emule on dial-up...although of course, speeds are slow. There are a lot of files available on there, the occasional fake but nothing like the trouble on Kazaa/Klite.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by [Spam]+2 August 2004 - 20:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Spam] @ 2 August 2004 - 20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave@2 August 2004 - 18:50
    BitTorrent sucked when I was on dial-up. [/b][/quote]
    The whole internet sucked when I was on dial up. and I mean the whole internet.

Coming home from college and their super quick connection to my 56k modem was soul destroying
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    try winmx

proud to be american